Chapter 19

After walking around for a bit, I started to feel my jetlag. It wasn't just a bit but it felt like there was a huge rock that I had to drag with me.

"Do you want to rest in the park?" He asks as he locks eyes with me. I give him a soft smile and nod. "That would be amazing. I'm exhausted.".

Luckily, the park isn't that far away and we got there pretty quick. There are kids on the swings and their parents watching them. We walk a bit further and finally see a bench that is still free.

We sit upon it, after we made sure that it hadn't been recently painted. I can feel how tired my body has gotten and I lay my head upon Aidan's shoulder.

"This weekend is going to be amazing." I whisper with my last bit of energy as I close my eyes who I had been struggling to keep them open.

His hand finds mine again and his fingers stroke over mine. I feel completely empty of energy but at the same time, I feel like I'm about to explode when he keeps on caressing my hand like it could disappear from this earth at any moment.

"It already is." He whispers back.

•••

that evening, Aidan and I are laying in his bed. Watching Netflix together once again. I'm tired as hell but for the last few hours I did my best to fight the sleepy feeling. I succeeded but right now, I'm unsure if I can continue fighting it for another second.

On the other side, I don't want this moment to end.

Of course, my body can't keep on fighting and my eyes close after one more glance at the boy next to me.

•••

I wake up to a comfortable warmth. One that makes me want to stay in bed all day and forget all the worries I have. I turn around, curling up again.

I stretch my arm, expecting to reach a certain boy's hand. Not feeling any warmth on his side of the bed, I sit up quicker than I should.

My vision starts to get clearer and I look around while laying the warm, comfortable blanket upon my shoulders.

I'm on the other side of the world. In a strange house. A strange room. A strange bed.

And I'm alone now.

Yesterday I was too tired to worry about waking up alone and having to find my way downstairs. I was too tired to put the way downstairs in my head.

The warmth of the blanket leaves immediately after I stand up. It isn't cold here but it was better under the blanket, in a deep sleep.

When I hear footsteps in the hallway, I catch myself hoping it is Aidan and not his mom or dad. I look too awful for them to see me right now.

"Well look who's awake." Aidan sends me a smile when he walks in.

I'm relieved to see it's him and not his mom or dad. A smile pops onto my face as he pecks on my cheek. "I'm glad you're here. I thought you already expected me to know my way downstairs!" I chuckle.

"I'm here to walk downstairs with you." He chuckles, locking our fingers "Are you ready for tonight?".

"Of course! I can't wait." I answer as I follow him downstairs.

Aidan's house looks cozy and warm, making sure I feel at home. It's mostly Aidan who's making sure I feel at home but yes, the house does its part too.

We end up getting breaking in the city, starting with a coffee from starbucks. Our fingers are still locked while walking through Los Angeles and I'm pretty sure that I don't want let go ever again.

"Who's going to be there?" I ask just before taking a sip from my coffee.

I can feel Aidan his grip tighten on my hand, trying to reassure me. "Actors, directors, agencies.." He starts, squeezing my hand even more "I'll be there with you.".

I already knew this, but hearing it made sure I relaxed a bit more. I thank him while continuing to walk. "They're picking us up at 1pm." He adds.

My eyes widen immediately. "That's so early! I thought the party was in the evening? And who is picking us up?".

"It is early, but they want us to let our hair and make-up get done there, because there will be loads of cameras. We're being picked up by a taxi arranged by Netflix." He explains in a calm tone.

"You're so freaking calm." I roll my eyes, giggling.

Aidan sips from his coffee and says "Probably because I know I will have you there."