Chapter 4

I yawned as I walked into the kitchen. Today was Wednesday and my mom was making breakfast again. After yesterday evening, my family did not stop teasing me about the dance. I expected it to be the exact same today.

Not that I would change a thing of how everything happened yesterday. It was absolutely amazing.

'Day dreaming about that boy?' My mom smirked at me as I made myself a cup of tea. I rolled my eyes playfully as I hoped I didn't have to answer the question because yes, I was daydreaming about him.

Hoping she'd leave this topic, I sat down in front of her. 'You two were cute yesterday.' She pointed out.

It was like she was proud of me 'What's his name?' She asked. It was my mom, she always needed to know everything when it was about boys.

'Aidan Gallagher.' I looked down shyly.

My father had also joined us in the kitchen to eat breakfast and it didn't take long for my brother to wake up too. 'He had some amazing dance moves.' My mom said and I realised once again that there were actually people watching us dance.

In the moment it seemed not a big deal but now.. Now it creeps me out by just imagining every pair of eyes there upon us dancing.

Next to all those pair of eyes upon us, it seemed too good to be perfect. The dance went amazing. It was Aidan making sure I did not fall to be honest.

As I heard a notification from my phone in my room I stepped up and went to grab it. A smile appeared on my lips as I saw from who it was.

Aidan❤️<3
Hey, I need to talk to you. Wanna meet me at the place where we met?

To be honest, the message confused me a bit. It felt like he had something important to say. It could be good but also could be awful..

I sighed confused but decided just to go. I grabbed my jacket and an apple to eat along the way.

It didn't take long before I arrived . When I did, I could see him sitting on a bench next to the sand path. He looked rather uncomfortable.

I slowly walk up to him and I expected him to have noticed me by now. But when I stood next to him he still kept looking down.

'Is something wrong?' I asked him as worry filled my system. Seeing him like this was horrible. He looked like he hadn't had a proper sleep. 'The message scared me.' I looked down as I realised that I could not get him to look at me.

When Aidan opened his mouth and tried to say something no words came out. After a few seconds of waiting he opened his mouth again and this time there did come a sound out of it.

'I'm going to be honest y/n.' He started 'My family did not like what happened last night. They saw us, realized how I felt towards you. But they want me to be with someone else. You see, my parents have these friends who have a daughter our age. Her name is Kara. Our family have expected us to get together our whole lifes.'

Aidan looked up and I could see many tears om his cheeks. He really felt awful and I wanted to help him but I didn't have any words which could be helpful in this situation as I was heartbroken.

'I don't like her.' He said as he looked into my eyes which were by now also filled with tears 'y/n, I like you.'

I did not know what to say. Aidan was telling how he felt towards me. But why even say this while it isn't allowed anyways.

'After our dance yesterday' he sighed and broke our eye contact as he looked down again 'They called Kara and her family. They asked them over. We have a huge bungalow here so it was easy for them. Plus they don't live far away..'

'So they're coming soon?' I managed to ask.

'They are coming tonight y/n. Kara will always be a person deep in my heart but not how close she would want herself to be. I told her a million times that I don't like her and that I don't care about our parents practically putting us together. She likes me.'

After the whole story I sat down next to him and wiped away some tears. Aidan just told me that he liked me. His parents don't think I'm good enough for him but another girl is. And that girl is coming here tonight. Aidan looked at me again and he immediately noticed the tears.

His hand came close to my face and he wiped them away. 'I'm very sorry that I had to tell you all this now y/n. I just needed to be honest with you. You deserve that.'.

I felt my stomach turn around and I tried to tell myself that this wasn't the time to feel butterflies there. But when the feeling didn't leave i realized that I had fallen pretty hard for him.