Chapter 23

Rain pelts down the window outside and there are thundering drops as background noice while I eat our breakfast in my bed, underneath my warm and comfortable blanket.

It has been six days since I have auditioned. Unfortunately, I still haven't heard anything from any member of the team or miss Everda. Not that I mind, I'll work hard for the life I want to have.

That day, the day from the audition, I had also left Aidan again and I went back home. The time I had there, was truly amazing. I could easily get used to a life with Aidan constantly next to me. Even if everything works out, I'll have to wait several years to get there. Aidan's mom had been sad to see me leave so early, which was a crazy thing for me.

I never expected her to ever like me or even talk to me. Yet, life has proven that crazy things can happen. At school, I pretended like nothing big had happened. Yes my friends know about Aidan and me. Yes, they know that I went to him and skipped a few days of school in the meantime.

Yes they know about the party I went to in my gorgeous dress that is hanging in front of me, on my closet. I find it a waste to put such a dress in a closet to never see again, since I probably don't have anything that fancy planned anymore.

The only thing my friends don't know is that I went to audition for a role in the umbrella academy.

I was specifically told not to tell anybody except for my family or people who need to know. And that counted as my mom, siblings ( so my brother ) and my dad. That was it, and I kept myself to that rule. They don't know and if I don't get the role, they will probably never know.

My laptop is laying in front of me, open. A face, directly looking at me on the screen. That face belonged to the boy that I'd give anything to.

The boy with dark, soft brown hair. The boy with his slim body that radiates enough heat to warm me up when I'm cold. The boy who I'd do anything for.

"Did you get a mail already?" Aidan asks. He doesn't even have to add 'from the director' or 'from the team'. No, I already know exactly who he meant.

He had been the reason why I had been checking my mails and messages almost every minute when I was awake. He had been so eager to know if I had been given the role or not. Hoping that I was the one he would be practicing his text with.

"You've asked that for a hundred times already." I said, chucking but also rolling my eyes "I haven't heard anything from them yet."

Aidan lets out a sigh, still hoping for the best. "Are you sure?" He tries once again "Can you check your mails one more time?".

Not being able to answer with a 'no.', I grab my phone and go directly to my mails. "Nothing there." I answer honestly. Aidan lays his head down on his pillow. It's almost evening there due to time differences, so I wake up and he goes to bed.

"I want to see your face when you get the mail." He said, pouting his lips together. There was a twinkle in his eyes, he was still hoping I got the role.

"I won't get the role." I say, looking down not wanting to watch the twinkle in his eyes to disappear. He must know and realize that I have a very small chance of actually getting to play Five's love interest. For god's sake, I'm a girl who only played in a musical once and that was years ago.

My chances are very small. If I even have them at all.

"Nonsense!" Is his answer "No other girl is more perfect for the role. If they want a true kiss, they'll know who to choose for the role.".

If that was the only reason that they would choose me, I would be hurt. I would probably never know, but still. I don't want to get the role if they just gave me it because they want a good kiss.

My thoughts leave my mind as soon as I look at Aidan again. His eyes are twinkling and his face radiated joy, while he imagines us on set.

At this moment, I am so glad that I stumbled just a few weeks ago. That he caught me in his arms. That we spend time together. That I have fallen for him. Everything about him is so consuming, maddening even. When I allow myself to continue staring at the handsome boy on the screen, I feel my phone buzz.

An email.

From who.

From them.

The team.

I look at the notification, not opening the mail just yet. I turn my face right in front of me again, Aidan's eyes scanning me curiously. "I got the mail."

His eyens widen immediately and a his mouth forms an 'o'. "What does it say?" He asks.

"I'm going to read it."

___

Y/n,
After showing the tape to all the others and rewatching it a couple of times, we all had the same thought. We decided that you are getting the role. You will be in the umbrella academy season 2. We're very happy that you auditioned. We are starting to record the season at the end of the month. We will reserve two rooms in the hotel, next to each other, for you and Aidan. You have a plane 24th july at 1pm. When you arrive, it will be morning here so you will have enough time to enjoy Toronto or to recover from your jetlag. The next day, the 25th, we'll start recording.

Alexa Everda,
The director's assistant

___

"I got the role."