Chapter 29

After being instructed to by his brothers, Five runs up to Lena who's already far away given her injured leg.. He didn't complain much when Klaus and Luther told him to follow her.

Which surprised him and his brothers.

"I'm sorry if we scared you!" Five says, running up to the girl.

"You surely did." Lena replies as she keeps walking. She knows that her body won't be able to continue to keep walking as fast as she is now but she has to try.

"We just saved your life, you should be more thankful." Five remarks.

The girl turns around. An angry expression is upon her face. "No" is all she says.

"No what?"

"No, you didn't save my life. I just fell there and you didn't do anything but wait till I woke up so you could tell this crazy story!" Lena raises her voice.

She is right. She knows that. Five knows that.

"Well then you can be glad that we didn't just crack your freaking neck!" It's now Five's turn to raise his voice. This girl is making him crazy. It's his thing to be an asshole. Not hers. And that won't change.

It doesn't matter if she is right or not.

"Crack my neck?" Lena repeats "I can't believe I was glad to see your group! I'd prefer to be here alone instead of with you psychopaths!"

Psychopath. Five had been called worse. Most of the times he did kill the person who had called him names. But in this situation, it wasn't the smartest idea. His siblings would be incredibly angry with him and he needed to know how the hell he survived. She doesn't know it yet, or she just doesn't want to tell him. Everything is possible.

There is a short silence. Both, Lena and Five glaring at each other.

Surprisingly it is Lena who breaks it first.

"Tell me.. Is this all real or is this a nightmare that I'll wake up from?" Her voice cracks and she starts to sob.

Five frowns, wondering if this is an act but even if it is, this girl needs answers and he has to give them to her.

He grabs her wrists harder than he had planned, causing the broken girl to flinch. "Sorry" he whispers as he gestures her to sit down.

"It might sound weird and it isn't an answer to.. any of this." Five says looking around "I have been here before. I know that you are creeped out by us. Everyone would be, it's us. But you can't survive alone..."

"Didn't you?" Lena asks, stopping him from continuing.

"I did. That's not the point. It will be too hard if you try. This is hell. Let us help you." Five says as he tries to stay calm.

"You're just saying this because you want to know how I survived." The girl in front of Five says.

She's right once again.

"And my siblings would try to murder me if I didn't try and get you. Not that they're capable of doing so." He trails off.

The girl stays quiet. "Like I said, we all have powers. Mine is time travel and spatial jumping."

Lena tries to keep herself from laughing but there does escape a chuckle, causing Five to send her another glare.

"It's true." He says.

"If it is true.. why don't you time travel us out of here?" Lena asks.

"When I was your age I time traveled here. I fucked it up and didn't know how to get out of here. Believe me I tried, I tried so many times to get back to my family. But I couldn't. I grew old here."

"Old?" Lena begins to laugh "You don't look old."

This was the thing that Five hates the most. Being treated like a kid. He isn't one but he looks like one. If it wasn't for the girl in front of him, he'd have snapped. But her laugh seemed to calm him down.

He surprised himself by not even thinking about saying something back. By just listening to her laugh.

"Well then.. Guess how old I am?" Five says. A smile smile appears on his lips.

He is smiling for the first time in a long time. And this time, it isn't a fake one. Without realizing he had cracked the ice. He had gained her trust, maybe not all of it but for now.. she trusts him.

"If you aren't my age.. you must be 30?" Lena guesses excitedly.

Five shakes his head.

"No wait! 200!" She laughs "Do time travelers die?"

Her last guess made sure Five to forget about himself. About every event that has hurt and broken him in the past. His smile widens and an actual laugh is escaping his lips.

"I'm 58 years old."

Lena her mouth falls open.

"That's going to stick in my mind for a while." She chuckles "Come on old man, tell me more!"

After telling parts of his life, Lena looks at him as her jaw drops to the ground.

"You've been through all that?" She says, the happy twinkle disappearing in her eyes.

Five nods, looking at the ground. It sure was a lot to tell and due to not having a watch or something of the sort, neither of them knows how long that they have been talking about his life.

"Well you should have told me what was going to happen a few days ago. I would have helped you."

"I didn't know you and I still don't really know you. No way I was going to ask help from a stranger." Five says, standing up.

"Why did you want to help me when I fell? I'm a complete stranger." Lena asks him.

"Because.. it's a hell to live here. I've been there.. here. Plus it might be my family's fault that you're here so we can't leave you here like this." He explains to the girl "And you wouldn't have helped me even if I would have asked you a few days ago. You'd have walked away just like you did now."

"Without the limp." Lena chuckles softly.

Lena stands up next to Five, groaning because of the pain that she's feeling in her leg.

"Let's find our way home and save the world." She says.

•••

'Cut!' the director yells again 'This scene was awesome! I'm so glad that we've got the both of you. You immediately see that Five already cares!"

A smile pops onto my face. I never thought this was going to be this much fun.

The break doesn't last long but as we shoot the scenes, time flies by. Making sure that the day is almost over.

"How was it?" Aidan asks curiously.

"I loved it." I smile at the boy in front of me.

"Do you want get some dinner?" He asks as he puts an arm around me and I nod.

This new part in my life came very unexpected. But I don't want it to stop. Not yet at least. I'm happy.