Chapter 25

I'm leaving tomorrow for Toronto. I'm all excited, really. Still, here I am walking to my next class on my last day of school with my head down and a frown upon my face.

The thing that's bothering me is that my friends still don't know. I want to tell them, since they've been here for me since the start. We all care about each other, even when there are some disagreements.

Still, I can't seem myself to do so.

How I had my life planned out butI never planned to actually leave my country to act in a Netflix series.

I have no freaking idea how I'm supposed to tell them. They will probably be happy for me, that I expect. But the thing is, I'm not very sure if I can handle saying goodbye to them. I don't want to.

After quite a while I wil return but what if I've changed. What if they have changed then? It will never be the same anymore. We will never be just the group of some girls who are quiet and mostly unseen by others.

This quiet girl is now going to be an actress.

What a plottwist to my life.

'Earth to y/n..' I hear one of my friends her voice.

'Sorry. . What?' I didn't realize that my mind had wandered.

My friends laugh a little and I realize that I will never forget the memories we share. The amazing times we had. Never. They pretty much made me the way I am and I am glad they did.

'We were literally just saying that you have been very off today.' My friend explains 'Why is that?'

Now is the right moment. I have to tell them . .

'I need to tell you all something.' I start 'It's about the umbrella academy.'

Everyone's face seems to light up immediately. 'Yes I know what you are going to tell us!' Another friend says excitedly, making my stomach turn around because of all my nerves. How can she know?

'You know?' I ask her, frowning.

'I am so happy!' She says. What was she happy for?

I frown even more, not understanding a damn thing. 'What exactly do you know?' I ask her curiously.

'That they're starting to record season two in just a few days!' She says while gesturing with her hands.

At least she knows a detail about what I should tell them. I sigh, knowing I really have to tell them. This causes everyone's eyes to fall upon me again with a confused twinkle in every one of them.

'About season two..' I try to start again 'When I was with Aidan, I auditioned for a role in the umbrella academy.'. Everyone's eyes widen and no one says a word, wanting to hear more.

'I got the role and I'm leaving tomorrow.' I let it out. Surprisingly I was able to tell it all.

My friends share some glances, probably wondering if I'm joking or not and they're clearly still not out of it. 'Are you joking?' Another friend asks and I have to admit, she's right to doubt it. It does sound so . . sudden, I guess?

After all, I'm leaving tomorrow.

'I'm not.' I send them a small smile, not wanting them to doubt me again 'I will be staying there for quite some time.'

'You're leaving us?' My best friend says and the sadness in her voice cannot be missed. It's breaking my heart and this was exactly why I waited this long to tell them. I didn't want to leave them.

My eyes are watering and I do my best not to let a tear escape. I feel my lips starting to shake softly and I already regret telling them everything, but I had to.

'How long will you be gone?' My best friend asks, trying to make sure that her voice doesn't crack.

'I don't know. I'll probably start online school after the summer.' I say.

She leans in for a hug which I gladly return. I am going to miss her so much and I don't think I'm ready for what's about to come at me without them. It won't be without them but I won't have them as close to me as I am used to.

I can feel her sobbing in my neck as we hug tighter and if I am honest, it is hard to stop myself from tearing up too. 'We'll call.' I reassure her.

She nods and sends me a small smile but I know that she's hurt. I am too.