Chapter 6

Another day full of events had passed. But this morning I did not feel like getting up and being active. Ice cream and Netflix would do..

I bet Aidan and Kara had spend last evening in a restaurant, probably watching the evening show.

Would he also smile at her like he did when he was with me? I felt tears filling my eyes. 'Y/n it's really time to get out of bed!' I heard my mom complain.

Honestly she could continue complaining. Nothing could give me motivation to be productive today.

As my mind kept thinking about Kara and Aidan, I decided to go on a walk. Maybe that will help.

Making myself ready to go outside took longer than ever and I annoyed the crap out of my family by being that long in the bathroom. 'I'm going on a walk.' I said as I took an apple as breakfast.

When I walked to the door I tried to make sure nobody saw the tears ready to stream down my face.

It was peaceful and quiet outside. But it did not keep me from thinking about somebody else. Every time I thought about Aidan and Kara, my heart broke.

I kept hurting myself and at this point I didn't even try to keep my tears in. My cheeks were already wet.

After a while of walking and trying to stop myself from crying, I realised that I was at the path were Aidan and I had met. Where I first layed eyes on him and he on me. What i'd do to relive that one moment again. I didn't know that he was going to steal my heart and hurt me so much by doing that.

The bench caught my eye as I watched some birds fly around. Not that I was expected anywhere so I decided to sit down and probably cry some more.

•••

Aidan's pov
I always adored walks. They made sure I could clear my mind and enjoy everything around me.

It was morning and everything was so quiet.

Some birds flied in front of me and I smiled as I watched them. It was the first morning with Kara here. She hadn't left my side since she arrived.

How much I wish it could be y/n spending time with me instead of her. The birds stopped to settle down on a branch. They looked so happy and free of hard thoughts.

'Gallagher wait! I'm not as quick as you!' A voice yelled from rather far behind me.

Like I said, Kara hadn't left my side and she wasn't going to either. Which meant that I could expect her joining every morning walk I did.

Her yelling had scared the birds and they flied away immediately. The couple probably went looking for a calmer area and I could not blame them.

'You're scaring the animals Kara.' I rolled my eyes as I started walking again.

She sprinted for a bit and it was a matter of seconds till she was next to me again. 'I just want to talk to you.' She grunted 'We haven't seen each other in so long.'

'We've seen each other right before my family and I left to go here.' I answered annoyed.

I was glad that Kara didn't say another word after that. She just kept walking next to me. It probably was her lack of speed that made sure sure that she couldn't say much.

A smile came upon my lips as a bench caught my eye. It wasn't the bench but the person sitting on it.

Her back was pointed towards me but I recognized her immediately. I looked at Kara who I saw her eyes lightning up by only a look at me. 'You can go that way.' I said as I pointed at another path on our right.

'What are you going to do then?' Kara asked and I could see how annoyed she already was by just the idea of being without me.

I could not come up with a better excuse than this one 'I've got to pee. I will run up to you when I've finished.'

•••

Y/n's pov

My cheeks had finally dried up. I had no clue for how long I sat here but I didn't care. Not that I had any cool plans for today.

As I suddenly heard footsteps coming closer I thought about turning around but simply didn't have the energy for it. Mostly because I hadn't slept much last night. I mainly cried the whole time..

'Boo!' I felt hands on my shoulders and I gasped!

'What the?!' I yelled as I did turn around now 'Aidan!'.

Just one look did it already. Aidan's smile melted all my insides. It felt like that at least. He laughed as he sat down next to me on the bench.

'That was a good one wasn't it?' He gave me a playful wink as I tried to calm down my breathing.

I chuckled as I looked up 'You scared the living shit out of me!'. But then the thought hit me. The girl that I had worried about for hours wasn't even with him. I had to ask 'Where's Kara?'

Aidan his smile disappeared at the mention of her name. 'I told her to go the other way.'

'Oh' I didn't really knew a fitting answer so I guessed this would do the job. 'I thought she didn't leave your side?'

'She doesn't!' He answered as he made himself ready to complain about her 'But I had a great excuse.'

'Oh really?' I smirked 'And what was this excuse?'

He looked down as he started laughing 'I told her that I had to go and pee..'

'That was your best excuse?!' I started the laughing loudly as he rolled his eyes playfully 'Gallagher you really have to think about better excuses.'

After what I had said he seemed very taken aback. He looked at me confused. 'What?' I asked immediately as I felt his confused eyes upon me 'Did I say something wrong?'

'Not at all..' He answered after several seconds 'Kara calls me that.'

My eyes widened and I looked down 'I'm sorry.'

As he saw me looking down he grabbed my chin making sure I was looking right into his eyes.

'Don't be!' He gave me a smirk that turned my stomach around again 'It sounds way better when you call me that.'.

I immediately felt my cheeks heating up and when he noticed his smirk only grew wider.