Chapter 21

I wake up greeted by the warmth of the person next to me in the bed. I extent my legs, unfurling my sleepy limbs before opening my eyes to wake up to Aidan's eyes right upon me.

"Good morning beautiful." He says, kissing my temple. My empty stomach makes a weird turn once again and my cheeks heat up.

"I'm still so tired.." I pout my lips as my eyes don't leave Aidan's "How late is it?".

Aidan his eyes go frome mine to his watch. "9am.".

I crawl closer to Aidan, lay my head on his chest and close my eyes once again. "I just got the script send to me." I hear Aidan say.

I'm intrigued by the fact that season two is already written. They just have to record it. "How long until five is back on the screen?" I ask him, still with my eyes closed. I can feel his heat radiating from his body but it's only making me even more tired..

"I don't know." He says "They're still looking for actors to play the new characters.".

I open my eyes and let them get used to the light in Aidan's room. After that, I let my hand search for my phone on the bedside table.

After I've finally found it, I grab it and see that my mom send some messages. Most of them are from her being worried because I forgot to send her after the party. I was too tired to remind myself to send my mom that everything went amazing.

I send her a text, telling that I'm okay and that I just forgot to send her. After answering to her messages, I notice a message from an unfamiliar number.

Y/n, since you're dating Aidan Gallagher who plays number Five in the umbrella academy, I wanted you to know that if you could act, you could always audition for Five's love interest. There is a link underneath this message with scenes that you could use for the audition. We do hope that you consider this giant step into this world.

The team and the director from the umbrella academy

My mouth falls open while reading the message. At first, I think that someone is playing with me. Like someone from the young cast probably would do after I told them about the musical I did.

But then I think back to the director asking these questions last night and I figure that this might be really happening.

"Something wrong?" Aidan asks, after seeing my confused face. Yesterday I told myself that this wasn't the life I wanted or needed. But now that I actually have the chance, I don't know what to do.

I look at him, still laying under the blanket. But underneath that, he is just wearing sweatpants. His upper body, which I use to warm up at night, is completely bare against the sheets.

"Read this." I tell him, putting my phone into his hands. It takes Aidan a while to read the message and realize that it isn't faked. They're asking me to audition for five's love interest in the show.

"I-" he doesn't seem to get any words out and just decides to read the message once again. "What are you going to do?" He asks me afterwards.

He gives me back my phone which I lay on the small bedside table again. I let myself fall into his bed and let my hands play with his hair. "I don't know.." I answer honestly. "My life would be so different, so new. My family would be so far away, and I don't know if I can handle that."

"Maybe you should call them?" He suggests.

"Hmm?"

"Your family." He explains "Tell them what chance you've got offered and discuss it with them."

How will they react? The boy in front of me is right, too right probably. I place one of my hands on his cheek and continue playing with his hair with the other one. "I should do that indeed." I say while caressing his soft cheek. My eyes fall upon his lips and it doesn't take long for him to notice.

A smirk forms onto his lips and he leans in, pressing his lips against mine. His arms finding their way easily around my waist, pulling us closer together.

We taste the heat but also the worries which are slowly taking over my head after I read the text. He pulls away first and a peck on my cheek follows.

"Call your family." He says.

I roll my eyes, obviously wanting the kiss to last longer than this, but he's right.

I grab my phone once again and call my mom. It's late afternoon there, so it doesn't take long for her to answer.

"Y/n!" Her happy voice yells through the phone.

"Hey, mom." I chuckle as I let my ear heal for a few seconds from my mom's yell "How are you?".

"I'm doing great!" She says quickly, wanting to know all about how I'm doing "What about you? How did the party go?".

That's when I tell her all about the party and then the message. All that while Aidan cuddles me like there is no tomorrow.

"Do you think this is something you want to do?" My mom asks and I can hear that she's shocked by everything I've been saying.

"I don't know, I'm calling to you for answers." I say.

There is a brief silence until my mom speaks up again. "I think you should do what you want to do. This is a very big thing, if you audition and you get through, it will change your life completely."

"I like acting." I start but then I let my mind think of last night again. The cameras. The questions. The feeling of not belonging there at all. "I just don't think I can fit in.".

I can see Aidan's face soften and a small smile pops up. "I'll help you through it all." He says, and I know he would.

"You won't be alone." My mom says "You've got Aidan and we're here. We won't go anywhere, okay."

I nod but not too loud.

"I think I'm going to audition."