chapter 22

My eyes scan the waiting room, which I have been sitting in for just ten minutes. I mainly concentrate on every small detail here to calm down and forget about the audition in just a few minutes.

Like a cover from the umbrella academy comics hanging on the wall right in front of me. I stare at it for good couple of minutes but eventually the poster next to it catches my attention.

It's a poster saying 'keep calm and try and pass the audition!'. Unfortunately, the poster isn't helping.

I've seen some girls walking in and out, some very happy with their audition and the others at the point of crying. I don't know how I will get out there, but I don't want myself to cry for this. It would be cool and life changing, yes. But before I got the chance to audition, I already had my life planned out.

So both ways would be good.

A elderly looking woman walks out the door, looking around in the waiting room. I'm the only one waiting so she doesn't have to look around long.

"Are you y/n l/n?" She asks in a very slow tone.

I smile a little and stand up. "Yes I am." I answer.

"You can come in." She says, pointing at the door.

Preparing myself to go in, I send the kind woman another smile and then walk into the room.

Inside, I can see the director and probably some members from his team sitting at a table. The director his face lightens up when he sees me.

He points at the chair on the other side of the table, in front of them. "Can we ask some more questions first?" He asks and I nod in response.

I sit down, trying to stay calm but I manage to keep smiling. I'm pretty sure that my jaws will be stiff after thr audition, but so it will be.

"So first, You live in (your country/state) right?" The director asks and it suprises me that he actually remembered where I live even after all these other auditions. I manage to get out a "yes.".

"If you get the role, you will stay in Toronto. Are you willing to stay there?" A man, who's black hair is in a low ponytail. I take a deep breath, still trying to keep myself calm. "Yes, I am willing to stay in Toronto.".

The director smiles and then can see that he notices me being rather nervous. "This is your first audition, right?" He asks and I nod. Not that it was necessary since it sounded more like a confirmation.

"Would you be ok with kissing Aidan Gallagher in front of many people and the cameras?" The man with the ponytail asks.

I figured that I'd have to, since I would play Five's love interest. I let myself think back to our kiss this morning. It would be for a scene but I think I would get used to it.. "Yes, that's no problem."

The director looks at the other persons, making sure that they've asked all their questions. They are ready, so his face turns to me again. "Are you ready to start the audition?" He asks.

I take a deep breath and say "I'm ready.".

A few of them, including the director, tell me "good luck" and then it starts. There's a camera in front of me, recording. So they can watch it again, they said.

•••

I did the scene I was supposed to, did my best and now I can only hope for the best. I think I did pretty grood because upon everyone their faces is a smile.

The director is the first one to stand up. "You did amazing. Miss Everda will contact you and tell you if you got the role or not." He says, pointing at a woman next to him.

I shake everyone's hand once again and send them all a kind smile. "Thank you for letting me audition."

"We'll contact you as soon as possible." That's what they said. I tell them all 'goodbye' and then go outside, relieved that I can finally breathe again.