Chapter👑Fourty-eight[Edited]

Kani's POV

Monday
__________________________________________________________________________________

How should I start this?

Well, I should introduce myself first.

Hi, my name is Kani Cooper.

And I have seriously lost it.

I probably made the worst mistake of my life that will kinda sorta get the class to ultimately hate my guts, and will probably get me to hurl into a ball and make myself disappear.

Not probably, but definitely.

Last week I was in charge of decoration for the classroom and I was so caught up with Jason, my mom, and Fryday that I didn't even have the slightest memory of what I was actually supposed to be focused on.

Right now I stood in my first period classroom with angry teenagers yelling at me.

Don't leave yet, it gets worse.

This may or may not be the last day to prepare for the competition and we had nothing done. All the costumes were done, but nothing was set up and it was all my fault. Suddenly Aaron stepped out of the crowd of angry maniacs and stood next to me. I mouthed a 'Thank you' to him before he spoke."I apologize for my idiotic friend, but cut her some slack all right it's not like any of you would remember either. And it's definitely not like any of you would care anyway so why the fuss?" Aaron says sounding extremely annoyed.

"Shut up gay boy!" Someone yells from behind the crowd.

"Brian don't make me come back there." Aaron warned, more like threatened the boy.

Honestly he deserved it. If I wasn't having a mental breakdown then I would have kicked where it hurts and we don't want that.

"I'll stay after school and set up the classroom all right? In the meantime I want everyone to calm down and let me handle this." I say sounding more confident.

"You better Kani Crapper everyone's counting on you and when you fail I'll be sure to sweep Jason off his feet and away from you." Veronica says as she stepped out of the crowd. I roll my eyes at here not even bothering to look at her face.

"I'm counting on it." I say as I glare at her. She just scoffs in response and walks and violently swings her hips back to her seat.

It's definitely no pressure to get a whole classroom decorated and ready for tomorrow, but seriously no pressure.

Let's be honest with ourselves for a second.

I'm not even the slightest bit confident that I will get this done in time, but hey at least Aaron will help.

I hope.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Jason's POV

After school

__________________________________________________________________________________

I haven't seen Kani all day and I'm starting to really panic. What if she found out about my mom before I could tell her? Did she move away without telling me? Is she mad at me? Multiple questions and doubts circled my head I was basically having a mental breakdown. I walk through every hallway and peek through every classroom.

Thats when I see her. She had head down on her desk while Aaron sat on top of the desk next to her as he scrolled through his phone. I poke my head through the classroom and take in the details around me. The classroom had a haunted forest theme and all kinds of things hung from the ceiling.

I have to admit it was pretty impressive, but I'm still going to win. My homeroom classroom had a haunted castle theme and castle's are way scarier than some forest, but hey I'm just saying.

Aaron notices me peeking my head through the open door and signals me to come in, but my eyes are glued on Kani."Can you take her home? I want to have a peaceful car ride with m? y boyfriend if you don't mind." Aaron said not bothering to look up from his phone. I nodded my head and tried to wake Kani up. I shook her, I poked her, and I even hit her on her head, but she didn't wake up. So I did what any other guy would do in this situation.

I throw her over my shoulder and carry her to my car.

What?

How else do you expect me to get her there? I'm not a prince. Wait, yes I am. Oh well, it's not like she needs to know how I carried her anyway. I place her gently into the passenger seat of the car and drive to her house. I pick her up bridal style this time and knock on the door. The door opens and I'm immediately greeted with Kani's mom. I smile awkwardly as I place Kani down on her feet, but her lips accidentally brushed over my arm and I internally screamed.

"If it isn't my favorite person Jason! Thank you for bringing Kani home, this girl is so reckless all the time." Her mom says as she held Kani's shoulders and squeezed them hoping to keep her awake. She opened her eyes slightly and noticed my presence.

She smiled at me."I'm not reckless." Kani exclaims as she's fully awake now."Alright then come inside when your ready Kani I'll let you two do your teenager stuff." Her mom said and Kani immediately laughed at that.
I smiled at her.

"Jason..." Kani started.

"Kani..." I said as I leaned closer to her.

"What did you see?" She said folding her arms and leaning towards me slightly.

"Oh nothing....just the fact that you snore extremely loud when you sleep." I said. I may have exaggerated, but it was fun to tease her.

She immediately hit my arm and I just laughed. Her face was slightly red and I flinched.

"So about your mom, I-"

"I told you not to worry! I'm fine and my parents are taking this opportunity to explore new jobs. So don't be worried you idiot." Kani assured me as she laughed slightly.

"Yeah of course. I was worried, super worried." I said as I nervously played with the bottom of my hoodie.

How am I supposed to tell Kani that the reason her mom lost her job is because my mom, the QUEEN, got her fired?

What if she strikes again?

What if she goes after my friends? Her friends?

And on top of all of this.

I fell in love with her.

Hey dudes hope you enjoyed the chapter! Don't forget to vote for the chapter!

I'll see you all soon!

K BAIIIIII