23|show them off

23|show them off

Billie's P.O.V

"hey Bil, are you okay?" Finneas asked me, as I slid the mic out of its stand. I didn't answer him, instead just started singing.  I wanted to scream at the top of my lungs. I was angry at mike, and I felt so bad for Rory. 

Rory's P.O.V

I sat in the green room staring at my hands, feeling bad It was my fault that Billie was in this situation. I didn't wan to talk to Maggie or Patrick, because I was worried they would blame me for putting this stress on Billie.

"you know this isn't your fault right?" Patrick said sitting down next to me. "to be honest, you are the best thing that has happened to Billie, I haven't seen her this truly happy in a long long time," I still had my eyes glued to my hands.

"Thank you, for everything, you really make me feel welcome here," I finally look up at.him and he pulls me in for a hug.

I talked with patrick for the rest of Billie's soundcheck.

                            ___

Billie stormed through the door, muttering something under her breath before walking out again. 

Finneas then walked in, sitting on the couch and let out a breath. "she is not in a good mood, and I just hope she cheers up before the show,"  the then goes quiet and it stays like that until a stage director comes and gets Finneas, as they are about to start. 

I walk with him to the stage and stand in the wings. Billie is already on stage, having a conversation with the audience as if they were just her friends. I think that's what people love about her the most, the way that she interacts with her fans. 

She only had a few songs left, and she seemed so happy on stage and I think we were all relived by that. "This means a lot to me, itt always has, but right now more than ever," the intro for I don't wanna be you anymore played, and I had to swallow down my tears, I had too. 

"If teardrops could be bottled
There'd be swimming pools filled by models
Told a tight dress is what makes you a whore
If "I love you" was a promise
Would you break it, if you're honest
Tell the mirror what you know she's heard before
I don't wanna be you-"

her voice cracked and she stopped singing, resting her head in her hands. The instrumentals kept on playing in the back round, when a couple of cries, escaped her lips, the crowd kept on singing, and eventually she carried on singing.  

when she only had I love you left, I was still trying my best to not have a full on mental breakdown, and just focused on Billie, and how talented she is. 

"okay, before I play my last song, I was to talk to you guys about the people you love. Don't ever take them for granted, and most of all be proud. show them off to the world, and don't be scared to be who you are because not everyone can, hold them close and tell them you love them," she said to the crowd. 

As she came to the chorus of the song, she looked straight at me and sung the words 'I love you'  I had millions of thoughts running through my head, the main one being did she basically just confess her love to me? nope no way. its a song get over yourself.  I shook my head as if it would just shake all of the thoughts away, and just watched her finish the song. 

once she had said goodbye she walked off stage, but as soon as she stepped into the wings, her smile disappeared. she shoved the microphone into the hands of one of the stage crew and staring walking back to green room. I had to jog to keep up with her, her anger causing to walk at a pace I'm not sure even sonic himself could match. 

"Billie, it will be okay," I say softly.

"no, it won't, and it's all my fault," i can tell she is about to cry

"what do you me-" I say confused, thinking she would be mad at me if anyone after all I put her in this position. I am cut off when we turn the corner into the green room is standing there. 

"go away, I don't want to talk to you, in fact I would rather talk a guy wearing an outfit entirely made up of vans," (if you know you know) she grabed her hoodie and walked out I followed shortly behind her and we met the others at the door, who were waiting with security so we could go to the tour bus. 

A/N 

sorry for not updating yesterday I am ill

832 words