35| Double Date

35| Double Date

"Hey Rory, did you have a good time?" Maggie asked as I walked onto the tour bus from my day out

"Yeah, it was great, I just can't get used to having security walk with me and people ask for taking my picture, it's just so weird," she chuckled slightly, and i helped her take bags up the bus stairs. 

"Billie should be back soon, but Fin and Claudia are in the living room so why don't you go sit with them," she smiled.

"okay thanks, Maggie," I walked down the hall place, and past the bunks, as I groan knowing there is no way I can get any sleep in them.  

I walk into the living room to see Finneas and Claudia curled up on the sofa giggling about something.  I playfully roll my eyes at them and collapse, pulling out my sketchbook from the big pocket of my hoodie, I begin shading in some of the rough sketches I drew while I was out. 

I had just stood up to go find my water colours when Billie walked in, all smiley. "what," I ask, laughing slightly feeling how infectious her happiness was. 

she pretends to look hurt and then said "tonight, we dine like royalty,"  she said and everyone laughed at her being goofy."I found out Finneas, our assistant tole me, but being the nice  person I am I will not rob you of this tell them," 

"tell us what," Claudia and I were beyond confused.

"tonight, for our double date we are eating at this restaurant called Riva Rialto by the Rialto bridge, followed by a boat ride, now this restaurant is fancy and unless you have booked a lifetime head, impossible to get into but I pulled us some strings," he pulled out his phone and showed us some pictures. 

after way too long, we are all ready to go, we take an uber from the tour bus to the Rialto Bridge

"Woah," I say as I step out of the car.

"This is crazy beautiful," Billie added, and we all looked around taking in our surroundings.  

we walked over the bridge, and into the restaurant. Billie held up her little pinkie, and I tried my best to contain my laughter, only letting a quiet giggle escape my lips. 

we were seated, right next to the lobster tank, which to me and Billie was very amusing. "poor little larry," I said pouting, "it's sad, he should be able to go back to the sea," 

I and Billie pulled funny faces at the lobsters and then Billie's eyes lit up "what?" I asked

"I guess you will have to wait and see," I scrunched up my nose, knowing there was no way she would tell me. there is only one person more stubborn than me in this world, and that's Billie. 

                                                                                          ---

After we ate our food and went outside to see a longboat waiting, we all climb on and sit down, me and Billie at the front, Finneas and Claudia at the back. the lights from the street reflect in the water, and dance around with the ripples the breeze creates. "thank you Finneas, you couldn't have planned this night any better," I give him a smile, scooting closer to Billie, and the cold air hits my cheeks.  

"God sometimes it's so hard, to remember I'm not dreaming, I feel like I have to check my feet to make sure I'm not floating away its moments like this that is..........."

"to good to be true," Billie whispers back at me. I admire her face, every line, and curve, and then look back and meets her eyes, they made me feel nauseous, in the best way. 

she lifts her hand and places her fingers on my cheek smiling, kissing me on the cheek and pulling me in for a hug. I close my eyes, and I see swirling colors, in a way I had not seen them before, I felt safe.

 I opened my eyes shortly after, and we were just pulling into the dock, back where we started. As we climbed out of the boat, the were men lifting tanks of water onto the floor. "what?" Finneas muttered looking confused. 

"now," Billie began to speak, sounding impressed with herself "I often forget that I have money because i don't like to spend it, in fact, I personally feel no need to. But I did and lemme tell you these fucking lobsters were expensive as shit," she laughed slightly. 

Finneas and Claudia exchanged confused looks, but I knew what Billie meant, "you bought me lobsters?" I was trying not to tear up, so instead pouted and gave her puppy dog eyes. we all sat in the edge of the dock, and picked up a lobster each, using knives to cut off the tape that tied their claws together, and letting them swim free. (A/N for the sake of this book lets say its a saltwater river LMFAO)

                                                                                         ---

"what the fuck!" "What the actual fuck!" I open my eyes after the noise of Billie screaming woke me up. I jumped out of my bunk nearly falling over forgetting that the bus was moving. "I swear down I will kill them!" I hear another shout and I run into the living room area worried. I pus open the door to reveal everyone sitting around, looking distressed.