13

13 • cause he heard that I'm bad news, oh baby.

──── ────

My eyes widened in shock as Scarlett spat through the phone, "What. The. Hell, Scar? Why—who the hell is this dude banging the front door dipshit?" I lower my voice, not wanting the startle the random guy.

"Your dad called me here, said that in case of an emergency someone was here to help your ass." She scoffed and giggled after.

What a protective ass.

"What the, alright then but who is this guy?!" I ran to the back door and knocked loudly. I heard loud thudding and instantly knew it was her.

"That's Connor dumbass." She looks at me like it was obvious and ended the call.

"Oh, wait. Connor is not that tall." I gave her a confused look and she just shrugs and pulled me inside.

"Why haven't you answered the door yet?" I asked, pointing at the front door. "We aren't on good terms." She chuckled awkwardly, "Wait, you two are together?" My eyes widen and she nods her head in response. "Holy shit." I exclaimed in amazement and shock.

"Since when?" I said, getting more curious.

"I'll tell you later." Scar sighs and slowly the knocking begun stopping. "Poor Connor."

-

"So, what should we do now that I'm here?" Scarlett asked, smirking at me and placing her cup at the counter.

On the other hand, I was sitting at a stool while texting dad, 'you didn't have to send Scarlett out here.'  I typed in.

"I don't know, I'm pretty tired." I said bluntly, not quite enjoying her presence around. I liked me being alone but I guess it's alright that she's here, I just don't feel comfortable. "Alright, do you want to go to sleep while I do something else?" She said, her eyes roaming around the room. "Sure." I stood up, my phone in my hand and lazily walked up to my room.

Slowly I opened my door, throwing my phone at my bed while plopping to bed. I stayed in that position for a while.

Suddenly an idea popped in my mind.

I reach for my phone at the other end of the bed and opened Brad and I's messages.

'How did you know I was with him? Were you there?'

And that's what I did the whole entire night.

──── ────

Waking up to the most peaceful surrounding is the best thing ever, note the sarcasm.

It was bloody hot and stuffy, I felt like someone was cooking us in the oven. Which is quite unusual because it's almost winter here in the UK.

I stood up, fast enough that it made my head go insane. I hate that feeling.

"Scar!" I yell, rubbing my eyes and walked downstairs with a scrunched face. Opening my eyes properly, I saw Abigail sitting there eating her breakfast.

"Hey, where's Scarlett?" I asked nicely and walked towards her, "She left minutes ago." She smiled.

"Okay?" I raise a brow and sat at the stool next to her, "did she tell you where she was going?" Once again, I asked nicely and rested my back on the counter, sighing. "Nope, some guy picked her up." Abi glanced at me and pursed her lips. "Must be Connor." I mutter and stood up from my seat.

Which means I'm stuck here with her, the whole day, depends whether someone will invite me out which I'm not in the mood of doing. I'd rather be stuck with my sister than go out and loose my sanity.

"I'm going to bath." Abigail stood up quickly and ran her way to the bathroom.

On the other hand, I made my way to grab breakfast.

Found some cereal in one of the cabinets and decided I'd go with that, grabbed myself a bowl and some milk.

As I made my way back to the lounge because I like eating there, I grabbed my phone which was at the back pocket of my trousers and typed in a message for Scar.

'Why'd you leave so early?'

I drop my phone beside me and began pouring milk into the bowl.

-

"What do you wanna watch?" I flicked a piece of cereal to god knows where and looked up at Abigail who was staring at me confused.

"Hey! Don't flick it." She picked it up and I burs out laughing.

"Do you want to watch anything?" I asked once more, standing up and making my way to my room. "Yeah!" She yells and jumped into the couch. "Alright." I said, quickly taking each step.

Once I reached my room, my bum started vibrating noticing a call.

I got it quickly and saw that Brad was calling.

"Hello?" I answered, pretending to be annoyed. "Hey." He giggled and I heard chattering. "Why'd you call?" I asked, groaning just for the sake of mocking him. "Why are you moody?" He said, bluntly.

"Tell me what's up dude." I giggled and decided to drop the prank, honestly, it was stupid. "Just checking on you." I kind of sense him smiling, because of his voice. "Alright then." I replied, copying his actions.

There was a brief moment of silence between us, but a comfortable one.

"What about you? Are you okay?" I asked, sitting on the edge of my bed, fidgeting my fingers, nervous for what looks like nothing in particular.

"Yeah, I'm great."

"You sound blunt." I chuckle and frown. "Just tired, mum made me do loads of shit work." He sighed, I heard shuffling through the phone and the chatter begun getting louder. "Who's that with you?" I asked, "Mum invited Tristan and his parents over for a chat, quite, uncertain how I feel about it." He struggles to find the right words and my heart started pounding faster.

"Why don't you like Tristan? He's also your friend you know?" I defend Tris, I don't want more fights to happen.

"I don't, don't like him." He replied, bluntly again.

"Really now?" I smirk, "oh and also, how did you know I was with Tris the other day? You creep." I giggle and so did he. "We just passed by and I saw you with him."

"Oh really? Passed by?" I raised a brow, I knew that wasn't the reason why he saw us but whatever.

"I swear that's it-"

"Brad! Get down here!" I heard Anne scream.

"You better get your ass down there boy." I said, "Shut up." He giggled and ended the call.

As I was about to let go of my phone my phone starts vibrating again.

It was dad.

<><><>

Why hello there. Happy Halloween! I updated early so I wouldn't miss the halloween update lmao. 🎃

I'm just so glad that you guys are enjoying this, I really do appreciate it. The reads had gone up fast these passed few days, and it's insane.

Thank you! So much.

Don't forget to vote lmao.

Here's some kisses,

Xoxoxooxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxooxoxo

10-31-19

Do you like Halloween?