22

22 • Is it a, good time to lean in and kiss you?

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

Not knowing what to do, I stupidly texted Scar, knowing Tris had probably ran to hers.

My head starts to ache, due to the fact that Tris is in pain, again! I groan and texted Scar, asking her if Tris had gone to hers for confirmation.

Within a minute, she had already seen the message and told me he didn't come. I raise a brow and decided to leave the message on read and clicked my way to Tristan and I's conversation.

'Tris, please tell me you're home.'

I stare at the screen, hoping he'd reply in a second which didn't happen.

Out of the blue, I heard faint singing, a smile crept on my lips as I immediately knew who it belonged to. Slowly I enter the guests room, which is random, he could've used my room.

Silently I stop and got nervous, it's the song he was writing for weeks now. I'm nervous plus excited I wanted to understand the lyrics more but, "I can see you." He giggles and turned to me, his eyes red and puffy, I decided to not talk about it. I left him for a minute and he'd gone like this already.

"Oh, just pretend I'm not here and continue singing. Please?" I back away slowly and smile, "No, stay."

"Okay, but I want to hear it."  I said softly and slowly sat next to him, glancing at his eyes and back to his hands. He tensed and sat up straight, "I'll let you when it's done, also. I've no guitar with me and It'd probably suck so yeah." He mumbled, surprised I actually understood what he said.

Brad's eyes started to glisten and a tear was about to come out, I brushed my thumb on his cheek, wiping the tear away. "Why are you crying? I left you for like a minute." I chuckle, which isn't the best idea right now but I wanted to make the mood a little lighter.

"Also I heard loud thuds." I pout and removed my hand away from his, still wet, cheeks.

"Oh you better not be cheating on me!" I joked, he lets out a scoff and furrowed his brows. "The fuck Lee? You know I would never do that." He scoffed, again, smiling this time. "I know." I giggle and crossed my legs on the bed and adjusted myself, "Now tell me."

"No, Lee." He replied, sighing.

"Brad, please? Don't you trust me?"

"Of course I trust you, I just." He pauses, aggressively rubbed his eyes and sighed sharply. I didn't say anything in repose, I just frowned at him.

Every time I ask him about it he becomes tense and obviously gets mad, which I didn't like but I still had to know what was bothering him.

"Bradley."

"Hm."

"Tell me."

Brad sighs and stands up, "Brad what? Seriously?" I followed his actions and half-yelled at him, which triggered him more. "Give me time Lee!" He yells back and slammed the door.

I remembered that moment when this happened to me and Tris, back at the day when he also yelled at me, also slammed the door shut, and the day we fought about him telling my father about the kiss.

Realization then hits me, what if he told my dad, again?

Every second that has passed, I got more nervous standing there frozen in my room. If my father knew, he'd never let me go out again and all he would let me do is fucking study and thats fucking it.

Tristan is the type of guy when he's mad, he'd do dumb things, like telling my dad about me and Brad.

Even worse now that we are in a relationship.

My knees felt weak and I shakily exhaled and sat on my bed, tears quickly forming on my eyes, minutes later I was sobbing.

-

After what felt like hours, I went downstairs to check up on Brad which was no longer there. "Fucking hell!" I yelled and quickly rushed towards the door which was unlocked and went out till I was on the middle of the road.

I saw Brad walking back towards the direction of his house, walking briskly. "Brad!" I yell, yet, he didn't turn back.

Well this is fucking great.

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

The next day I decided to go to school even if I was feeling like total shit.

I didn't have anyone with me, which felt like crap because I get nervous when I'm alone. I was not in the mood for anything right now and neither did I want to talk to anyone.

I wanted to focus this time, studying.

As I was just about to head to my first class, I mean of course! Of course Brad would fucking be with some other girl. It wasn't 'some other girl' it was the fucking same one that he introduced to me. What was her name again? Shelby? Maddie? Olivia?

"Lee? Hey Lee! Over here!" I heard her yell and I stopped at me tracks and hesitated wether to go to her or just pretend I didn't hear her.

Okay first of all, my eyes are puffy and pink, which looked like a bee stung it. Second, my lips are crusty and I've got a habit recently where I'd peel the skin of my lips, I never stopped since. Third, I look like shit, my face pale, my outfit isn't as good as before, I was wearing some plain white t shirt and really huge sweatpants, and my hair was all over the place, tied up in a very messy bun.

So I ended up going up to her.

"Lee! How are you?" She aims for a hug and I faked a smile, glancing over at Brad who was staring right through me, as I hugged back, I got insecure because of her scent and outfit, and hair.

"I never got to introduce myself haven't I?" She pulled away and giggled, "I'm Olivia."

Well I got that right.

"Nice to meet you, properly now." I let out an awkward chuckle and noticed that Brad stood closer to her. I roll my eyes, thankfully she didn't see it. "So how are you? I've heard you're together with this handsome." She turns to Brad and I cringe at her nickname.

"Don't call me that." He whispered, which he clearly failed at cause I heard it. "Well I better go, now." I said annoyed and Olivia never turned back at me once she turned to Brad.

"Wait, Lee!" I heard Brad yell but I didn't give my attention to it.

<><><>

11-14-19