36

37 • forget what your father says.

[authors at the end pls read :) also, Warning: sexual content.]

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

Making my way to the toilet with my drink which was unnecessary but there was still some so I took it with me, just to make Tris believe that I wasn't lying, I enter the room and all the loud beats left my ear and became faint noises.

I turn the faucet on and splashed water to my face and rubbed it for a few times, sighing and wiping it with my jumper. I exit the loo and hope Tris isn't looking, I quickly ran to the backyard and immediately looked for a chair to sit on.

I found one right in front of the stage and I was pleased by where I was sitting, I could clearly see the people performing and I enjoyed it.

After a few people singing and making jokes on stage, my sleepiness suddenly faded away and I was really really enjoying the performance.

Till I saw Brad on the queue.

I felt the need to head back to Tris but I couldn't because, honestly, I don't know. When the person was done playing the piano, that meant Brad was next up, I started to breath heavily but tried my best to act normal.

He started to fiddle with his seat and while he's doing it, he somehow made eye contact with me which I immediately stop. I pretend to not care and drink my liquor, making me scrunch my face once more.

Suddenly I hear him talk, "Hello." He said cheekily and many girls squirmed and said hello back, I roll my eyes and fiddled with my drink. "So this song is dedicated to someone, in this party, maybe even in this area right now who knows?" He joked, earning a couple of giggled and 'ooh's.

I began to drink more and felt my phone buzz.

'Lee where are you? Are you okay?'

As I was about to reply I immediately hear the guitar strum and I looked up, "This is called 'What Your Father Says.'" He smiled and the area was filled with claps and whistles.

Immediately I turn back to my phone and replied to Tris, 'Few more minutes Tris.'

'Is it really that bad?'

'Yeah.'

I chuckle and shoved my phone back to my pocket when I felt it buzz again, pulling it back out. 'By the way I left Olivia for fucks sake, she wouldn't stop chattering about her fucking dress.'

I laugh loudly and glanced back up, he started strumming his guitar and some random dude started to play the piano in accompany to the guitar.

"Is it a, bad time to tell you I love you when I'm watching you walk away?"

I sigh and took a sip from my drink which was almost finished, I was planning on getting another one but I had no energy at the moment, maybe when Brad's finished.

"Is it a bad time to tell you I need you when he's made up his mind again?"

Honestly, Brad's voice was amazing, it's the first time again in years that I've heard him sing properly, usually he just sings and doesn't even take it seriously. He closes his eyes and looks down.

I look at him with a heavy heart and almost teary eyes, my breathing getting heavier and heavier. Brad then opens his eyes and looks at me, I didn't move. Well I couldn't move, fuck end this now.

"Don't be cruel to me. All I do is believe."

I felt so many emotions right now and I don't even know if I could take it any longer, I took the last sip to my drink and it didn't even put any effect on me anymore, I didn't even care anymore. I didn't remove my gaze from him as he looks away.