21

21 • when your dad's at work all day?

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

Tristan's POV

I slammed the door shut, not giving two shits about the world. I was just trying to hang out with my fucking friend! Bradley. I couldn't deal with it, especially when my parents had a divorce which already hurt me. This made me even broke.

Angrily ran my way back to Scarlett's house, knocking loudly as I've reached her door. Rain started pouring after a minute, she opened the door.

"Woah, Tris are you okay? I mean, you're obviously not, dumb fuck." Scar said, I exhaled and entered the dim house. "What happened Tris?"

I didn't answer, sitting down on the couch forcefully and my jaw clenched. "Tris." I felt hands rub my shoulders, knowing it was her. Sighing, I turn to her, with teary eyes. "Okay, Tris." She said worriedly and sat beside me, my eyes following her figure.

"What the fuck did I do to him?" I mumbled, closing my eyes to prevent the tears from falling. "Tell me when you're ready." She rubs my hand and stands up, heading to the kitchen to prepare for dinner.

Still, I didn't do anything but stare at the blank wall and my fist clenched together.

Because of my anger, I had an idea planned in mind. I knew Lee was not going to be happy with this and I didn't want to do that to her, but I have to. Lee is very important for me, even though I don't support her and Brad.

Lee trusted me with not texting her dad, but I couldn't help it. My anger took over me very quickly, storming my way to the guests bedroom, I took my phone out, sitting aggressively on the bed.

'Hey Mr. Daniels, got new for you. Lee, she's together with Brad...'

I hesitate to send the message, Lee would probably fucking hate me after this but I just can't take it anymore. "Ugh, what the fuck!" I yell and threw my phone beside me, letting out a loud groan.

-

"Hey, I got you some water and snacks." I hear Scar whisper as I opened my eyes from crying, "Thanks, by the way we can talk now." I say softly, sitting up and facing her while she sits beside me. "So, tell me about it." Her eyes glued to mine, I felt the urge to cry again but I need to stop being a pussy about it. Im sick of it.

"As you know I went to Lee's house, I wanted to hang after a long time of not doing so." I sniffed, hoping my muffled voice could sound a bit better. "When I entered she said she's alone and would like to offer me some brownies, I accepted her offer." I trailed off, she hummed in reply.

"Then when I needed to go to the loo, I asked her permission to do so and after a fucking minute I heard a voice which belonged to Brad." I furrow my brows and chuckled, "So I didn't go to the loo, it was an excuse anyway."

"I went back to her and spoke loudly enough to make Brad hear what I'm saying which pissed him off and he kicked me out of the fucking house, he should've beaten me up!" My jaw clenched, as well as my fists. I turn to her with blurry eyes as she looked at me with guilt and worry.

"I was so fucking confused as to my he didn't beat me up, because I wanted to fight so badly."

"Hey that isn't right." Scar scolded.

"I don't fucking care I love Lee." I managed to say between sobs, my teeth gritted and uncontrollably yelled at her. "Sorry, I shouldn't have yelled."

"It's okay Tris." Scar placed a hand on mine, "It's a good thing he didn't beat you up because Lee would hurt seeing you—hurt." I glanced at her, her eyes same as mine, she started to tear up and her lips were curved into a frown. "You could've gotten hurt." She looked at me, the tears slipping down her cheek.

"Hey." I wiped that tear away, "Don't worry about me I'll be fine." I sighed, resting my palm on her cheek and letting out my own tears. "We're a bunch of broken fuckers." She uttered, chuckling. "You're broken?"

"Yeah."

"Oh."

I felt like I didn't have to ask her about it, so I didn't. Instead I rested my forehead on hers and closed my eyes. "What am I going to do?" I whisper, another tear slipping out. "I don't know either, Tris."

"Lee is amazing." I smile, "hmm, I know." She replied.

"Tell me about it." She giggled and sighed, "She's funny, I like it when she gets all excited and happy."

"I like it when she smiles."

"Me too, seeing her happy is the best." Scar whispered, silence filled the room for a minute and I decided to not talk, I was getting tired.

"Tris?"

"Hm?"

"I'm always here for you when she can't be." She said, referring to Lee. I smile at the words that came out of her mouth, I was very happy to have her best friend. "Me too."

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

Dinner was served, I tidied myself up and decided to stop crying because my eyes hurts, I didn't want to make it obvious that I cried.

"Eat up." Scar utters, placing the bowl in front of me, she'd always cook for me wether I came over, which is the best because I'm not the best at it.

"Thank you, again for this." I gave her a small smile, lifting up my hands to my eyes and rubbing them. "No worries."

There was a comfortable silence between us as we ate our soup that she made, I liked her around, I feel comfortable.

"Tell me about it." I said, noticing her sudden sighs and uncomfortable shifting on her chair every now and then. "Well..." she chuckled nervously, playing with her spoon and looking at her glass of water.

She cleared her throat and sat up straight, looking at me and smiled.

"I'm falling for a boy."

<><><>

SHES FALLING FOR A BOY :)

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 700 READS I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS!!! 🤩

11-11-19