19

19 • forget what your father says.

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

Brad insisted I let him stay the night again, which I couldn't disagree on so I let him. Besides, I want to be with someone right now, house got pretty lonely.

I felt vibrations from my pocket and grabbed my phone, you've got one new message.

It was dad, I quickly typed in my password and clicked my way to our messages.

'Hey, how are you? You better not be hanging with Brad.' Well what a start.

'I'm not! Also, I'm fine.' I typed in, not really interested to talk to him any longer. 'I'll be back in a month...'

A month, huh?

I felt somehow happy and somehow not, I had mixed feelings about dad being away for that long. "Who's that?" Brad asked from the other side of the room, surprised he even heard that.

"Dad." I replied bluntly as I walk over to him, Abigail next to him, watching something on his phone which I find absolutely adorable. "Hey Brad, can I download this?" Abi flips his phone and shows it to Brad, "Sure." He replied, giving her a little smile and turning to me afterwards.

I sat beside him, not saying anything, went back to my phone and started texting Tristan. He was fine he said, he had nothing to and he was quite upset about something he wouldn't tell me. He's very secretive and that's what I kinda don't like about him ever since we fought.

"Who's that?" Brad asked in a more confused tone, his nose scrunched up and brows furrowed. "None of your business mister, stop asking." I stuck my tongue out at him as he acted all offended and stuff.

I giggled at the fact that we were acting very childish, rolling my eyes at the thought of it.

I went back to texting Tristan, he said he'd now often come over to Scarlett's house since I was too busy making out with Brad, is what he said.

I roll my eyes on his comment and typed in: 'fuck you Tris, I'm not busy making out with him.'

"I'm bored." Brad groans loudly and yawns on my ear, "Ew Brad, what?" I scoff and cover my ears, "that kind of tickled." I giggle and shut my phone. Few minutes later, I ended up yawning as well, making Brad laugh and him earning an eye roll from me.

Abigail handed Brad his phone back and went hoping to god knows where, saying she'll be back in a few minutes. Leaving Brad and I, half asleep, while angry birds still displayed on Brad's phone.

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

My alarm went off at around 6:30 am, my head aching as I sat up from my bed, Brad was nowhere to be found. I dismissed the thought of it and headed straight to the bathroom, took a brief shower and combing my hair afterwards.

As I went out of the bathroom with only a towel covering me, I stood in front of my closet, choosing a decent outfit.

I ended up going with a simple white striped turtle neck top and some high-waisted black trousers complementing the top I wore, and some checkered vans. Spraying some perfume after.

I ran downstairs, comb still on my head, my bag on my hand as well as my charger attached to my phone, ready for it to be charged.

Bradley was busy on his phone, some bread in front of him and I snap my fingers to catch his attention.

"Hello." I smile at him, placing my bag down beside his seat and walking over to the socket to charge my phone. "You look nice." He chuckles, taking a bite of his food. "Thanks, you too." I replied, making my way back to him and sitting to the vacant chair beside him.

He was wearing black trousers paired with a white, loose tee, matching the color of my outfit.

I look outside as Brad hands me a plate of bread which I thought was his, "Isn't this yours?" I push the plate back to him and his shook his head. "It's yours, I don't want anymore." He pushes it back to me.

"Thank you." I said sweetly and started eating.

-

As we entered the gate of school people whom I didn't even know approached us and said hi, and welcome back.

I didn't get a chance to speak due to Brad always replying first, clearly not wanting me to get involved.

I shrug and when I looked forward I saw Scar and Tris together laughing until they saw us, Scar was still smiling but Tris had a stern face and his jaw clenched.

"You two! Hey." Scar comes over to me and hugs me, same to Brad. "Hey Tris." I reach for him and hugged him, his hug was tight and I couldn't breathe.

"What a grip Evans." I giggle and let go.

"Hey mate." Brad spat awkwardly and sent a small smile towards Tris, although, Tristan never replied.

"Pardon him, he's been like this." Scar spoke, I nod in response and backed up a little to be beside Brad. "What's your first classes?" I ask them, "Chemistry." Scar said, "Chemistry." Tris said bluntly.

I widen my eyes, "That's cool, I wish I could be with you guys." I replied, suddenly I felt warm hands touch the small of mg back, resting it there.

"You guys look cute." Scar winks, Tris turned to her quickly, his face worried. Brad pulls me closer while eyeing Tris.

"Your outfits I mean." She added, I chuckle in reply and sighed afterwards.

"We'll be going now. See you Scar." Brad spat, immediately his hands made its way to mine and dragged me to the office to get out schedules.

"Brad what are you doing? I wasn't done talking to them yet!" I whisper-yell not wanting to make a scene in the ocean of people who stayed in the halls.

"We're going to be late." He lies, I knew he was lying and that he was uncomfortable because of Tristan's presence.

"You're just jealous." I giggle and tightened my grip on his hands.

"Shut up." He smiles.

<><><>

11-7-19