20

20 • is it a, good time to sneak in the back door?

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

After school I just went straight to my house, picking up Abigail on the way back.

Brad couldn't come due to some random act he did which got him into detention.

Slamming the door behind me and placing my bag down on the couch, suddenly a knock was heard on the door. I flinched at the sudden noise and turned around to see Tris peeking through the window.

"Hey what are you doing here?" I said while opening the door and looking at him confused, "I just wanted to hang is that alright? Or will Brad come shouting at me-"

"Brad isn't here." I cut him off.

"Alright then, may I?" He points at the door, asking if he could come in. "Of course," I scoff, opening the door wider for him to enter. "You didn't need to ask." I chuckle and shut the door once he had entered.

"It's been a while." He sighed and sat on the couch slowly, "Well we just saw each other this morning." I giggle and sat beside him, "Oh! Do you want something? Drinks? Chips? Brownies? You love brownies, unless, you've gotten to the point where you don't want them anymore." I laugh nervously and awkwardly, I grew a bit shy around him since we barely even talked.

"I'd love some brownies." He giggled and faced me.

"Sure be right back." I said quickly and ran my way to my bedroom and quickly changed into some baggy tee and joggers.

"Abigail go change already." I yell as I rushed back down to the kitchen. I feel like I'm very rushy and nervous just because of Tris, his presence made me feel like something is up.

-

As I was about to take the tray out of the oven, I heard my phone vibrate from the other counter, quickly I took out the tray using a towel and placing it on the counter to cool it off for a bit.

I walk over to my phone, seeing a message from Brad, didn't quite see what he texted due to the phone turning off.

I gently placed the towel away and picked up my phone.

Brad:
Detentions over, thank god. I'm on
my way to yours x.

Me:
Great! See you x.

I nervously texted him, he was coming over and Tristan is still here, what the fuck am I going to do? Brad hates him. I couldn't just tell Tris to go away that'd be rude.

Suddenly I heard footsteps towards my direction and I immediately took the tray and pretended I was about to place it on plates.

"Lee?" He yells, when he entered the room he sighed relieved and walked over to me.

"Is it okay if I use the loo? It's a number two." He smiles shyly and I burst out laughing, "No worries." I gasp for air and heard Tris chuckle as well.

He walked away and I turn back to the tray and took each brownie out and placed it on the plate.

Unexpectedly, the door opened and I immediately knew it was Brad. Shit shit shit.

"Smells like brownies." He said giggling, I ran to the lounge and once I've reached it I let out a huge sigh and walked calmly towards Brad. "Hey, you're back early." I give him a peck on the cheek, as I was about to step back he pulled me in for a kiss.

My stomach went insane and I kissed back, worried and nervous, Tris might be out any second.

I slowly pulled away due to nervousness, "Why don't you go change eh?" I smile at him, playing the hem of his t shirt. "Sure, be back in a sec." he placed his bag down and ran upstairs. I let out a long sigh and closed my eyes, "Who was that? Was that Brad?" Tris said, loudly enough Brad could hear.

"Shut up Tris, he might-"

"I thought I heard someone- what the?" Brad ran back down and towards me, looked at me with confused eyes filled with anger. "What's he doing here?" He growled, Brad walks closer to me, to the point where I could feel his breath on my face. "Brad calm the fuck down, he just wanted to hang out!" I place my hand on his shoulder and rubbed it, "You can leave now." Brad yelled, still an inch apart from my face, his eyes dropped down as I heard the door slam shut.

"What the fuck?! He didn't even get to eat the brownies I made." I groan and a large amount of guilt filled up my body, "Why didn't you tell me sooner?" He whispered and grabbed my arm as I was about to leave.

"Brad that was unbelievable." I scoff and pulled my arm away from his grip. Sitting at the couch.

"Why didn't you tell me sooner!?" He yelled.

I flinched and I could feel tears building up, I sat there, not looking back at him.

Honestly, I was fucking scared, I immediately remembered my dad, of how he'd always shout at me, of how his tone sounded like when he did, it just made me fucking scared and I didn't want any of this crap now.

"Babe." Brad comes closer to me, his voice softened, "Lee, I'm- I'm a fucking idiot I'm so sorry, I should've done that." He takes me in his arms and pulled me into a hug, I let out sobs and leaned on Brad's chest.

"I'm sorry." He repeats, rocking me softly and tightening his hug, I placed both of my arms around his torso and sobbed loudly. "Baby. Please, stop crying. I could get you some ice cream and we could go on a picnic later. We could skip school again, pretend we're sick, do you want to?" He asked, rubbing my back, a small smile formed on my face and I sniffled.

"That'd be nice." I said, letting out a soft chuckle, my voice muffled and I look up at him.

"I love you."

This is the first time he said that to me, never in my life I'd hear him say that to me. Love is a strong word, which means this really meant something for him and I really am lucky this.

This is the first time again in ages that I heard someone say 'I love you' to me, even Abi never said it, my dad said it a couple of times, I just didn't feel like he meant it.

"I love you too."

<><><>

NAWWWWW :,>

11-9-19