27

27 • forget what your father says.

[a/n's note at the end! Pls read :)]

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

As I thought things were going to be great, as planned. Things did go great, we laughed a couple of times, even up to the point we couldn't handle it anymore. Spending my time here at home with Connor felt amazing, but there's one thing bothering me, guilt.

I never really knew what happened to Brad after I left, after he left, he's really moody and he never usually acts like this which is confusing and worrying.

Tristan is, well I never knew where went after the fight, honestly there was a part in me where I wanted to talk to him properly but couldn't because we might end up fighting again.

So now I'm sitting here at the kitchen stool, blasting music with Connor beside me, talking about how he loves his pet lizard which I never saw before, quite interesting the lizard.

"How come I haven't seen a lizard at your place?" I scoff sarcastically and dramatically. "You just haven't seen the whole place." He giggles, turning back to his phone I see a picture of him and a girl, assuming it was his grandmother. "Is that your grandma?"

"No it's my mum."

"Oh."

Con let's out a loud snort and I mentally face palm myself, this is embarrassing. "I'm so sorry, the pic is too dark I couldn't really tell." I awkwardly chuckle and it was true though, the picture was dark and I guess was taken when they were at some party, hence the lights and drinks.

"It's fine." He giggles more and I smile at him, I loved how happy he was. "My mum is barely even home." I say to Connor, the smile on my face wanting to leave but couldn't. "She only goes home like, twice or thrice a year." Connor's face turned serious and his eyes were locked on the table. "That's unfortunate..."

"She's almost coming back home though no need to-"

The door opening caused me to pause, I wasn't expecting anyone to be home this early.

"Lee, who is this?" Shit.

"Hey dad, this is a friend from school, Connor. We decided to make the project here instead because it's more quiet." Well that wasn't convincing.

"And You didn't tell me?"

"You weren't answering." I lied again.

"My phone is completely fine, signal is great, I didn't receive a single call Lelith."

"Well I did call." I stood up grabbing Connor's hand and pulling him with me as I walk, decided it wasn't he perfect time to make him stay.

I hate involving my friends into this mess, even Brad.

"I'm sorry Connor."

"What for?"

"This." I gesture to my dad, I let out a huge sigh and crossed my arms. "I understand Lee." He shoves his hands in his pocket, "I guess I have to go now?" He chuckles, "Unfortunately." I followed suit.

"Bye Lee, see you around." He waves and walks away, leaving me standing there almost crying because I just feel so controlled that I don't even know what to do anymore.

I head back to the lounge and plopping myself onto the couch, not wanting another argument between me and my dad, isn't Abigail tired of us bickering?

Seconds later my dad sits beside me with a cup of coffee on his hands, placing them down slowly and the atmosphere suddenly became tense.

"You could've told me."

I didn't answer.

He lets out a sharp sigh and stands up, "learn Lee."

I wanted to yell at him but I couldn't, I wanted to cry right there, I wanted to hug someone. I rushed to my room and locked the door, tried so hard not to tear up.

I was scared to death when suddenly I heard something bang, figured the sound was from the window. Hesitantly, I looked down the window but another bang was heard, rocks?

I finally had the guts to look down and saw Brad with rocks on his hand, loads of them. I gave him a confused look and opened my window, "What are you doing?"

"Text me! Your dad might hear."

Immediately pulled out my phone from my pocket and opened messages, then Brad suddenly called. "What do you want moody?"

"Sorry about that sugar."

"What's with the nickname?" I chuckle.

"I'm genuinely sorry Lee." I looked down the window and saw the rocks that was on his hands on the ground scattered. "It's fine Brad."

"I love you, Lee."

"I love you too but my dad doesn't, sorry." I shrug.

"Well I don't care Lee. I love you."

I wanted to let him in immediately, I wanted to give him a long warm hug, I wanted to talk to him properly, I want him to fix the problem between him and Tris.

All of a sudden I wanted so many thing I knew wouldn't possibly happen. If this dang rule just didn't exist.

If my dad was just supportive.

I miss mum.

"You know," I sigh, "I really want to hug you." I pout, hoping he'd see. "I missed you." He smiles, my heart was pounding fast and I felt like jumping. "No shit Sherlock," I joked. "I missed you too."

-

I couldn't wait at all, to see Brad. I've missed him so much, I just didn't tell him the day he was being stubborn.

Days have passed since all the drama, I decided to fix my life and actually try to be joyous for a long period of time. Today I was with Scar and she had an amazing time at Connor's, she said. She couldn't stop chatting with me about his house, to the point where I actually think she likes him.

Also, I was planning on apologizing to Tris, here I go, apologizing for a mistake I never did, just to get over this already.

At the distance I saw Tris with James, they were giggling and pointing at people. It was relieving to see Tris smile, never seen that in ages.

"Tris."

He deadpans towards my direction and nervously, I stood there. "Hi." He replied, glancing at James then back to me. "Can we talk?"

"Later."

<><><>

Omg I'm so sorry that joke was bad 😂

This story is almost ending, I'll be ending it on the lyric "Forget what your father says" after the part "told me he don't like my hair." Yeah you get the point lmao.

Also, I have an rather interesting story in line, it's called "Proposal." Expect what you have to, this for me is serious and heart warming.

It's based on my dream I had, and the dream was TERRIBLY EMOTIONAL.

So stay tuned if you're interested ;)

Thanks for reading and for all the views on this! It's really amazing and I'm thankful. Share this story if you wish, vote and comment what you think about this! :))

12-8-19