24

24 • don't be cruel to me.

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

Days have passed since the fight between Tris and Brad happened, so much negativity was spread out about us and rumors started to spread.

I decided to keep my distance from Brad, since my dad had come back home and I really don't want to upset him this time. Although, he was acting a bit strange when he came back.

He started to hesitate more and he's more stern and I didn't like it, one bit.

Right now I was sitting on one of the stools and scrolled through my phone, through instagram. Abigail was beside me, eating her crackers and dads phone on her free hand, holding it.

Dad, was outside, talking to a random guy I've never met. I didn't mind it though, the talk seemed quite serious.

These passed days I haven't been on the mood, I always feel stressed and became more grumpy; moody. I've also been studying since exams were coming and I didn't want to mess up clearly.

So much things were bothering me right now, Brad, Tris, my dad knowing about me and Brad, and Abi's loud chews. "I'll be going up-"

"Lee, let's talk." Dad said from the front door, I could see his face, he was clearly mad and I was really nervous. "Okay." I said hesitantly.

He walks up to me and made Abi go up to her room snd stay there for a bit while we talk.

"Lee."

"Dad."

"Look." He sighed deeply, "I don't know what has gotten into you but when I say stay away from Brad, you need to stay away from him do you understand?" Dad looks at me dead in the eye, I acted like I wasn't affected at all so I tried my best to stay calm and act calm.

"Okay." I stupidly said.

"Also, you've broken my rules, you're together with him now, you're a thing now?" He said, his voice getting louder as ever word escaped his mouth. I didn't reply, I just kept my head low and ignored the messages from Scar who was sick and worried.

"Answer me Lelith." He said, sternly. "I am with him." I mutter, tears slowly forming as my nervousness takes over me. "You know what that means Lee." He sighed and I thought he was about to stand up but instead he slammed his hands on the counter, which made me jump.

"Why are you with him?" He said softly, "Because I am." I stood up angrily and rushed to my bedroom.

-

It's been an hour since my dad has talked to me, and within that time I didn't bother going downstairs nor doing anything at all. I stayed in my room, aware of what might happen when I go downstairs, and I just listened to music the whole time.

My phone was going off every second and I slowly got irritated every second it pops up on my screen. It kept ruining my peaceful moment of listening to my precious music.

I put my phone on silent, which made things easier.

The whole time I was in my room I just stared at the ceiling and softly singing to the song, I was doomed for my life. This meant I couldn't see my friends for a whole month or so, plus, I couldn't go out to just hang with my friends. I have to study all the time and it would just make my head hurt but I want to do it because, I've gotten used to being forced to do it so, yeah.

From this day on, I'm a hundred percent sure that I would be pretty lonely and really look introverted. Which I didn't like because I'd rather be with someone than no one.

My phone rang a couple of times, calls from Brad and Scarlett, I couldn't answer them even if I did, I was just mad.

I was pretty sure, Tristan did this. He did it last time, he probably did it again because he was mad, I wasn't sure, although I felt like he did tell.

After the millionth time calling, I answered the phone.

"Hey." I said softly, my voice hoarse. "Hey." Brad's voice cracked which made me giggle, "Why weren't you answering my calls? I called a million times and you never answered." He said, whining. "If you just knew Brad, you'd probably do the same." I sighed, the tear residue fell from my eye. "Do what? Are you okay?" He asked, hearing shuffling from the line and grunts.

Seconds later he huffed and I heard loud thuds and chatter, "What are you doing?" I sat up confused, hat noises were quite odd. "I transferred to my room and slammed myself on the bed. Anyways stop trying to change the topic, what happened?" He sighed.

Honestly, I didn't want Tristan and Brad to fight any longer, if I told Brad now, he'd probably end up beating Tris up again, worse than before. A part of me says that I should tell him, a part of me doesn't.

"I..." I trailed off, not knowing what to say, "I've got um..."

"What? Stop beating around the bush Lee."

"Period, cramps." I said dumbfounded, it was the first thing I could think off. "What? Is that all? Do you want me to come over to cuddle-"

"No! No, you can't come over uh, dad's home and he still doesn't know, right?" I said loudly, nervous of the fact that dad might hear it, he was one room away and we have thin walls.

"Oh, right. Maybe you could come over? Maybe tell him that we'd work on some stupid project?" He said happily that it made me upset, this whole idea of me hanging with him made him excited and made me much much more upset. "Lee?" He called with the same tone. "Uh, I can't Bradley. I'm so so so sorry, I love you." I force to form a smile on my face.

"Alright Lee, tell me when you're free. I love you too, I miss you." I could sense him pouting from his voice tone and I let out a small giggle. "I miss you." I said in a baby voice, making fart noises after.

"Alright child, bye."

<><><>

THANK YOU FOR 1K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AHHHHH

11-22-19