Chapter Twenty Six💧

"What are you talking about? "I ask

"Is Janella my daughter? "He asks seriously.

I laugh sarcastically trying to hide the nervousness in my voice "Why would you think so? "

" Just answer my question! " he says

"I just did, she's not yours "I state.

"Don't fool me here, then where is her father ?"

"It's none of your business where he is, he doesn't matter in our lives "I say glaring at me.

"Am asking for the last time, IS SHE MINE! "he asks

"Why does it bother you. My daughter can't have a manwhore and a selfish jerk as her father. "

"Then she may be mine, it's just my behavior? "

"I don't care, she's not yours"

"How can you be so sure? "

"James she isn't yours, she was born actually seven months after that one night stand and so don't keep up your hopes "I say looking at him. As he's about to speak again, the bell rings.

"It was nice  talking to you. I have a class I need to attend" I say walking away not waiting for his response.

I just feel like crying, but I won't give him the benefit of doubt. 'I'm sorry Janelle for not allowing you to meet your dad 'I silently say

The rest of the day passes as a blur, I'm distracted in all the rest of the classes.

"Angel, we need to be in detention "Karen says as she sees me heading to the parking lot

"Shit!I had forgotten "I tell her as she rolls her eyes at me.

"What's wrong? "Leen asks me.

"James found out about that night "I say looking down ,I don't want to see their expressions .

"And???? "

"He asked me if Nella is his but I denied. "I say feeling pathetic which causes tears to start flowing down my cheeks.

I'm engulfed in a hug by my two besties as they tell me everything is gonna be okay. Which makes me tell them the whole encounter.

"Please let him not know that Nella was born earlier than expected. Please don't "I say sobbing. Which they agree on.

Once I arrive home, I've already removed my contacts and wig and I look like a red tomato from crying too much.

"Momma are you okay? " that's the first voice I hear once make entrance. If I tell you I'm a cry baby today, most will not believe me. I begun crying once I hugged her.

"Momma please stop crying "She says tears forming in her eyes as she tries to wipe my tears away.

"Angel you are ho,,,,,why are you crying? "Emma asks as she sees my face.

"Janella momma is okay please don't begin crying "I tell her after whispering a later to Emma.

"But you are crying, look your face is all red, your eyes are red momma" she's to mature for her age.

"I've stopped crying now, see be a good girl and stop crying like momma "I say wiping her tears.

"Now go to our room I'll be there in a while. "I say kissing her forehead.

Once she runs, my tears begin flowing again, I find myself crouching down and crying. After composing myself, I stand up and see everyone, let me rephrase, my parents, siblings, besties, Mandie, her kids and husband, Jame's family all  staring at me .

"How long have you all been there? "I ask the first thing that comes in mind .
They all look at me until non other than James fucking Mathews decides to answer.

"From when Ella ran to your hands "he says looking at me strangely.

"Sorry you all had to see that "I say as I turn around and head towards my room. Thank God Nella isn't here.

I hear my name being called but I just ignore and lock my door. I don't know how long I stare at the ceiling until I fall asleep. With banging on my door.