Chapter Forty Two 💧

"Momma you need to look like a queen like Daddy said "

"I know princess. "

"OK "she says finally relaxing. She looks at my sisters and sticks her tongue out at them. Telling them she won. So here is the deal. My family and I were both arguing about whether I should attend graduation as myself or Angel the nerd. Me and the girls that includes mom, were in for the idea that I attended as myself ,while the boys all said I was supposed to be as I started attending school.

"I have decided am going as Miss Blue. End of discussion. Now everyone out of my room now "They all walk out complaining as Nella stays back. "You too Janella! "I say. She looks at me and makes herself comfortable on my bed.

"I'm not going mom. I also need to dress up. "she says taking her blue new dress from the closet.

About ten minutes later am already done dressing up and also dressing Nella. As I look at us, I can't help the smile that takes over.

I'm dressed in a blue strapless straight dress. While Nella has a princess blue one on. I make sure to put on my new Blue heels while Nella has her baby blue heels. We look beautiful.

"You look beautiful Sweethearts"Mum says as she pushes us out towards the parking lot. I am in the same car as Max, Emma, Marlon and of course Janella. The others all went in dad's car.

The graduation ground is already fully parked when we arrive. We are joined by our friends who are all dressed as themselves. We look beautiful. All eyes are on us as we walk towards an empty spot.

It happened that KK was chosen for the validation speech since I pretended to come down with a cold when the principal chose me. From the corner of my eyes, I see Sharon walking towards us which makes me snicker.

The school prom happened the same night as one of my casting took place so I didn't attend. Max is busily smiling at his girlfriend as she speaks. She is always the passionate one among us who likes public speaking.

"....Congratulations class of 2019 we did it. "She completes and walks towards us.

"It's time for receiving our diplomas .Before I start handing out the diplomas to each one of you, there's a student who has been leading all the last four years. She's always abided the rules and never slacked behind. That brings us to the Student of the Year Awards. This year's award goes to... "he pauses as he looks at everyone. Obvious to who it is, my friends smirk at me.

"The Student of the Year Award goes to none other than Angel Michaela Collins "he says. Everyone is silent as they all wait for me to walk forward. Nella and Eddie are the ones who start clapping first then people follow.

The principal hands me the mic as he whispers in my ear "I caught you "and walks away.

"Hello everyone, my name is known as Angel Collins. I was a student with most of you but most didn't notice me. Or some of you knew me as the 'nerd'or' Max's adopted sister'"I say looking at Sharon."Some of you bullied me cause I was nerdy or because I had a famous brother. I did not say anything, I let you all enjoy yourself but this message is yours now. Don't judge a book by its cover. Treat everyone equally since you don't know what the person is through.

This award as we all know it was mine from the start ,"I state and laugh with the others "But I didn't win it on my own, most of you contributed in the award. My family all thanks to you, and my friends also who I consider family thank you. The principal, who knew our true identity but still treated us like the other students. Thank you. All the teachers thank you also for the contribution and lastly my daughter Nella. She is the one who mainly made me choose the right path and want to have a future where I don't have to pose all times to earn a living and a future for her. Thanks Nella I love you. Thank you for choosing me for the award. Have a good day. "

After graduation, we all left for lunch at a local restaurant owned by the Mathews. That is, Mandie and her family, Mathews and family, surprise KK parents came around and lastly the Collins. As I look at my family, I see everyone happy and that makes me happy. I smile as I thank God for a perfect day.