Chapter 35

Mia reached Central Park with her car, she parked the car outside and turned off the engine, she took out her phone to send a message to Ana that she arrived.

Mia: Where are you guys?

Ana: We are sitting in the park, come and join us!

Mia: Alright, I'm coming.

She turned off her phone and get out of the car without forgetting to lock the car, she shivered by the chilly weather, she forgot to take a coat and cursed herself. 

The young woman shrugged and walked toward the way where her friends are waiting for her, she soon noticed their figure, laughing. She smiled and rushed toward them.

"Hey, guys!" She called and they turned their head over her voice.

"Mia! How are you?!" Ana squealed and hugged Mia tightly before letting her go.

"I'm good, what about you guys?" She asked and they replied by a simple nod, she rubbed her arm and her teeth are clattering due to the cold weather in New York.

"Gosh Mia! You're cold!" Noah yelled and she gave him a small grin.

"I forgot my coat, sorry." She wore a turtle-neck white jumper with skinny black jeans. Noah shook his head playfully and draped his coat on her shoulders.

"But what about you?"

"I'm fine Mia, besides I'm a man." She chuckled and hold the coat tighter.

"Let's go, we are going to eat a nice dessert." Josiah smiled and lead them to a café, the two mates walked forward talking about the next date that they are planning while Noah and Mia followed them behind, discussing their childhood memories.

"You were supposed to go somewhere for two weeks, right?" He asked and Mia gave him a fake smile, they were supposed to go to Italy, enjoying the nice weather, swimming in the beach, making her Italian mate jealous playfully. But no, it seems fate didn't want them to be together.

"Not really because of the exam." She lied, she didn't want her childhood friend to know the truth that her mate left her to be with his ex, she didn't want pity.

"Oh, well once the exam periods are gone, we can maybe go back to France, like we used to do." He grinned and she nodded.

"Guys! Can you wait here for a minute, we need to see something for our date?" Ana suggested and Josiah looked like he wanted to kill himself. 

Ana saw the look of Noah toward Mia, he knew that she had a mate but keep looking at her that way, she would never let her ship down. So she wanted Mia to step up her game.

"Of course, we can." Mia smiled and Noah nodded.

They get in a store and Ana kept an eye on Mia, she wished that Mia could reject him once and for all.

"Why are we here?" Josiah asked her.

"Look at Noah, he's looking at her somehow with lust even though she has a mate." 

"You're right, I can see that he loves her." He said and hugged his mate behind.

"That's why I want Mia to tell him that he can't be in love with her, he has a mate around and I don't want to ruin their friendship but it has to be that way." Ana said with determination, she can't let her friends like that even though it's not her business.

Meanwhile, Noah and Mia remained in their place not noticing their friends looking at them, secretly. They didn't know what to say to speak about, it was awkward tension until Noah said something that will blow her mind.

"Do you want to go out with me?" He blurted out quickly and sighed in relief.

"Sure," He widened his eyes, like he couldn't believe it, "we should go with Lydia, Josiah and Ana, right?" 

He frowned and changed his emotion, he didn't want them, he just wanted to be with her, alone.

"No I don't think you understand, I meant you and me, on a date." She gasped in surprise and avoided his stare.

"But why me?" 

"I like you no, I love you, it's been five years and I was a coward to not tell you about my feelings, I was scared that you will find your mate, but now I want you to say that Blaze is not good for you, I am, I can take care of you." He said, taking a step close to her and Mia took a step behind, not wanting to be close to him.

"I'm sorry, but I have a mate and I love him." She said truthfully, she can't help but love him, his ruthless way and on the other side his caring way, she loves everything about him and won't cheat on him or leave him.

"Let me give a chance to love you, you can love me, I promise, please go out with me." He said and Mia wanted to decline his proposal again when suddenly a ring comes from his phone, he took it out and glanced at his phone. 

He groaned in annoyance, "wait here, I have to take this call." 

She nodded and quietly, he turned around and answered his call, she couldn't help but listen to his conversation. It's rude to eavesdrop but she needed to listen.

"I know right." 

"She's alright."

"Look you bitch, you have to keep our deal, I get her while you get him, now don't fucking bother me." He hissed harshly to the phone and hanged up.

Mia couldn't believe him, Noah didn't swear that much and he wasn't that person who hold grudges over someone.

She gasped lightly when she glanced at the name of the caller.

Victoria.