Chapter 38

Mia felt suddenly uncomfortable, the two pair of eyes staring at her like hawks.

"Why are you guys staring at me like that?" She chuckled uneasily but then stopped when she saw their stern face not laughing.

"Oh my pardon, my name is Max Hayes the Epilson of the pack." The guy introduced himself.

"My name is Mia Thompson and I guess I'm the Luna even though Victoria took my role." She snarled and the boys get away from her, afraid of her tantrum.

"Well, you are still my Luna." He shrugged and sat in front of her.

"Let's change the subject, why did you go out without telling me?" Klay asked sternly as he took a seat next to Max.

"I told you, I went out... I even left a note." She stated.

"A fucking note won't help me! Did you know how furious Alpha Blaze was when I told him you weren't with me?!" He threw the sticky note that she left and crossed his arms.

"I'm sorry but I clearly left you a note." She argued back, it's not like she is still a child.

"Luna, we don't work like that, we have to make sure that your protection is safe." Max defended his opinion.

"Who told you to protect me?" She asked and both of them answered at the same time.

"Alpha Blaze."

"My goodness." She sighed.

"Even if Alpha Blaze doesn't ask us, we will still protect you." Klay said making her raise a smile.

The pack is nothing without their Luna, once you found their Luna they will protect her as if she was their mother. They will be crushed if they hear their Luna get hurt.

"Alright I'm sorry, I won't do that again." She huffed.

"Thank you, Luna." Max smiled politely and Klay said that he's going to bring them pizza, leaving them alone.

"So you got a mate?" She asked and he nodded.

"Of course her name is Veronica, she's a female warrior." He grinned.

"Can I see her?" He showed her a photo of them, eating ice cream.

"She's cute."

"Of course she is, I'm grateful to have a mate like her even though she acts like she doesn't want any mate."

Mia smiled and sighed, "my mom was a female warrior, I understand."

"Laura Bennet Thompson, right?"

"How do you know her?" She asked bewildered.

"In the pack, everyone knows her because she was the only one who could talk to Blaze, he was a troublesome kid back then." He chuckled.

"Most of them know you as her daughter and the Luna of the pack, it's cool." He said and she nodded.

"Why are you here? You should be at the pack?"

"Klay called me before he told Alpha Blaze about your disappearance, he was scared to tell him that the Luna went away."

"How come I have never met you?"

He chuckled softly, "maybe because Blaze kept away from us, you also didn't meet the gamma and the zeta of the pack."

Mia felt guilty about that, she didn't know there was a lot of people who is in the pack, as the Luna of the pack she should know everyone.

"I'm so sorry."

"No need to apologize to me, I understand the alpha."