Chapter Sixteen

Colton

I throw open the door to my bedroom, softening when I see the face of my stunning wife. Wife. I like that word.

"What's wrong?" She asks. And now I'm pissed again. I slam the door closed.

"Where do I start?" She stands from the bed, wrapping her arms around my neck. I pull her close.

"Did you talk to Jonas?"

"I did."

"And what did he say?" What did he say? What didn't he say? He's supposed to be dead. I'm supposed to be Preeminence. I can't tell her that. And we both know why.

"Nothing." I push out of her grasp and walk past her. She grabs my arm, spinning herself around to face me again.

"You're not acting like it was nothing."

"I owe you a secret, don't I? This is it." She backs away, before standing her ground.

"Fine. I'll just have to charm it out of you." Good luck.

"And how exactly are you going to do that?"

"Well, for starters, you're taking me on a date." Her arms return to their rightful spot behind my neck.

"Am I?" She nods, her coy smile giving her the win.

"You are." She places her lips on mine.

"And where is this date?"

"I heard there was a grand re-opening recently."

"Was there? I wonder why it closed?"

"I heard a bomb went off."

"Did it?" Vienna smiles, untangling herself from my embrace.

"You have twenty minutes," she says. "Until then, I have a girl's night to attend."