Lost Chapter- Colton Reunites With Iris

Iris

"Hey, Mom? Someone's at the door!" Dillion yells from upstairs, before continuing to strum his guitar, probably seated on his windowsill. I pause some reality show that doesn't seem like reality and open the front door as the bell rings. Before me is a man, whose face I've known since I was a child. One that I hated, feared, then grew to love. He looks different: older and tired, but the smile on his face is nothing like I've seen before.

"Colton," I breathe, not entirely sure he's real. But he is, and he pulls me close, into one of the tightest hugs I've ever had. I hear footsteps coming down the stairs, which stop at the bottom.

"Uncle Aiden?" Dillon asks. I smile, shaking my head. I feel Colton's head move, looking up to his nephew.

"Damn he looks like his father." I turn, standing to look at my son, Colton's arm still wrapped around my waist. I nod.

"What are you doing here? How are you here?"

"It was supposed to be Jonas..."

"Is he okay? Colton, please tell me..."

"He's fine, Iris." I let out a deep breath. For over twenty years, I've woken up every day not knowing if the man I loved was still alive. After growing up in Ellaney, sometimes it's still weird not knowing. Trusting, that it won't be today, but one day, it could, would be. "He was supposed to come, but he has a lot going on back home." Home. I shake my head, not letting myself think about what a lot means. I look at Dillion, who still hasn't put the pieces of who walked into our home together.

"Love," I say to him. "This is uncle Colton. Colton, this is my son, Dillion." Dillon's eyes widen.

"Colton, like the dude who tried to slit your throat and kidnapped you, Colton?" Colton glares at me.

"I promise I told him good things."

"Like what?"

"You're obsessed with werewolves. And love that band Mom does." Colton rolls his eyes.

"The fact that I'm one of the twelve most powerful men and woman on the planet?"

"Wait, you're?"

"Beta?" He nods. "Vienna hates it." Colton takes off his suit jacket, laying it across the back of the couch.

"Vienna?" Colton laughs.

"I can brief you on the past twenty-three years in a minute, but first, is there food in this universe? Or wine?"

"I'll go make some pancakes. Dillon, talk you your uncle and learn something embarrassing childhood stories about your father!"