Lost Chapter- Dillon and Iris

Iris

"My love, dinner!" I yell in Amorian. My son climbs down the stairs, and from the corner of my eye, my breath catches. He looks so much like Jonas.

"What are we having?" He asks, in his father's tongue. I smile, pushing a plate to him.

"Pancakes."

"And blondies for dessert?"

"You are definitely my son." I laugh, then sigh, picking apart my plate. Tomorrow will be fifteen years since Thea, Anna, Aiden, Noah and I walked through the purple light, the last time I saw the people I'd grown to love. Not a day has gone by that I don't miss them. "Eat up," I say, pushing my old life away. "We're going to Aunt Thea's tonight."

"Uncle Noah? And Mason?"

"I don't know, but Uncles J will be." Dillon's eyes widen. Jonas once told me about the Order's drunken group chat fiasco in the maze. That is what these twins are like. Good thing they don't run the country. Dillon grabs a blondie.

"Tell me about the Society," he says. I sigh. My old life feels like it happened an eternity ago, but only yesterday at the same time. The only evidence of it being real was some pictures Colton downloaded to an old phone I took with me and my son.

"What do you want to know," I ask.

"Uncle Colton. And my father. What were they like?" I smile.

"Your Uncle Colton. Imagine if Uncle Aiden was an evil prince who slept in jeans." Dillon quirks his eyebrow. It makes me smile every time. "Now your father." I shake my head. My heart aches for how much I miss him. "Let's save that for another time." And we do. Instead, we talk about him. School, friends, a girl he's been talking to at school. His life. Death never even crossing our minds.