Chapter Thirty-Nine

Thea

"Babe, wake up." I feel a kiss on my forehead and slowly open my eyes. It's dark, and a pair of arms hold me close. Aiden's arms.

"What time is it?" I ask, needing to stretch, but not wanting to leave his warmth. I settle with a yawn.

"Don't know. But the Preeminence parked at a hotel, and he doesn't look happy." I watch as Jonas pulls open the door.

"Get out," he says, looking at Colton. One by one, the six of us in the back exit the vehicle, before slowly walking towards the hotel's entrance. Inside, Aiden and I find a sofa to sit on while Jonas checks in. After passing out the stack of keys, keeping three of them, he turns to Bently. "Digamma, make sure Mr. Blackwood stays in his room. Monitor his texts and calls, but allow him to answer any which come in."

"Jonas, really?" Colton asks. Jonas glares at him, then turns back to Bently.

"Yes, Preeminence."

"Same groups as last time. We'll be leaving around noon." The eight of us travel to our rooms, but not before Aiden sends me a look. I nod.

"Sorry," I say to Anna when we close our door. She lays down on the bed closest to me.

"Don't be. Go hang out with Aiden. Noah and I will survive." I sit down next to her.

"You miss Julian."

"I do. Why couldn't we trade him for Noah? Like I love the boy, but..."

"Who would you rather raise the twins if we never get out of here?" Anna's eyes widen. I laugh as someone knocks on the door. "Come in!" I yell.

"Oh my god! Noah! Put on a shirt!" Anna and I cover our eyes. Noah strolls in, stripped to his underwear.

"What?" He asks. "Char liked it." Anna fake gags.

"You two have fun. I'm going to try to get this..." I motion to Noah's lack of clothing. "Out of my brain." I close the door behind me, before knocking on Aiden's door. He opens it, dressed very similar to Noah. Aiden wears it better. A lot better.

"What took you so long?" He asks, pulling me inside. I press my lips to his.

"Noah. Boxers. Mental scarring," I say in between kisses.

"Why did I ask?" We laugh and move to a bed. I've missed this; Aiden. I've spent almost every second with him since we arrived at the Society, but not like this. Not with the relaxed Aiden, who he is when we're alone. The one that makes my stomach erupt into butterflies with each kiss, soft and deep. He breaks away, his cold, grey eyes peering into mine, and brushes a lock of hair behind my ear, leaving his hand gently under my chin. "I love you, Thea Kennedy."