Chapter Fifty-Six

Jonas

"Jonas, let someone else use the hammock?"

"Did you say something, Digamma?" I close my eyes, soaking in the sunlight.

"No, Preeminence," he grumbles, giving up and walking to light stuff on fire with Noah.

"What about me?" My favorite voice asks, coming off the trail with Colton. I smirk at her.

"You can join me," I say. "I'm not moving though." Colton rolls his eyes and walks over to Aiden, Anna, and Thea. Iris smiles, and we somehow manage to both occupy the hammock without it falling over. She is practically on top of me, but that is the opposite of a problem. I run my hand through her hair, memorizing how her body fits close to mine. "I'm in love with you, Iris Blackwood."

"Keep going," she says, smiling. I lower my voice.

"You are easily the most stunning woman in the universe." She attempts to raise an eyebrow. "Of all time."

"One more."

"You can't possibly expect me to sum up how I feel about you in three sentences. You, Iris Blackwood, are my queen, my wife, the mother of my child, and most importantly, my soulmate." She presses her lips to mine.

"Has the Preeminence gone soft?" I kiss her again.

"Maybe a little."

***

"One more day," she whispers. I kiss the top of her forehead, messy after her nap. My arm is very asleep.

"How do you want to spend it?"

"With you." I smile.

"I'm glad. You don't really have a choice." She sighs.

"Honestly? A ball. One last night as your queen." I stare into her eyes.

"You will always be my queen. Even if I'm the only one who knows it. And a ball it is."

"How? We can't go back to the Estate."

"You'll see."