Chapter Forty-Four

Jonas

Aiden pulls into a hotel. Since I, Colton, and Bently wish to spend every last second we can with Iris, we reluctantly let him drive, after he practically begged. We, and by which I mean 'I,' have decided to extend our trip by a week, with the excuse of searching for Vienna, when in reality I want to spend time with my wife, while that title is still hers. An hour later, I lay on top of her, wrapped in the cotton sheets, pulling each other as close as we can. "What do you want to do this week?" I ask, breaking apart our lips, but not for long.

"This."

"I don't disagree." She rolls us over. I kiss her, slow and deep. I could stay here forever.

"What do normal people do?" She asks.

"We're how old? Early twenties?" I joke. Iris rolls her eyes.

"Twenty-two and twenty-four, Jonas."

"So out of college? I don't know then. Work?"

"Try again." I sigh.

"Nature? Camping, the beach."

"You, a Blackwood, are going to go camping?"

"You are one too, my love." I turn us over again.

"I wasn't raised at the Estate."

"I love camping. Unless my sister breaks her leg. Or my brother wines the whole time. Okay, we might have a problem." I smile. "What about the other days?"

"I guess the civilians will get to teach us how to be normal."

"Until then..."