Chapter 28: Feeling Good

I woke up screaming in the middle of the night, feeling sick and thrown up. The dreadful feel of jet lag, though I haven't rode on a plane in forever, it seemed. So why am I feeling like this. I jump up and sit at the edge of the bed, I finally get up and make a huge kettle of tea, my father used to tell me its good for the soul (the body) I would just smile and giggle. I feel better after the tea, then I head for the shower and then an extraordinary adventure.

The night was brisk and foggy, so cold that if my legs were damp... I'd freeze in my steps.

I feel new, I feel flawless, I feel as if I can do any and everything, but I certainly know I AM limited. I run out to grab some leads on what seemed to be the case of a lifetime, because everything was going so slow and not intricate at all, I need to do this but I just don't have the strength.

I try to find a place to have breakfast at, but all the places here are too grotesque to even consider and I'm certainly not eating breakfast at place called "Bugallow's" or "Raman's Scrub Shake"

The Prime Minister of filthtopia, king of all filth wouldn't even set his gaze on these places. I see a small Waffles House across from "Burrel and The House Good Burgers" so I hit up Waffle Houae and have the All-Star Special.. So pleasant. I ate my food and got out of there, and in a hurry I end up leaving a 25 dollar tip, it doesn't matter now but I wish I had pay attention. I walked to Waffle House, so I had to get cabs to get where I wanted to go, I didn't want Phillip following me this time, he needed the rest. He was like a little restless angel to me, I wanted him to be well off for a journey as it were. And besides, I didn't have the time to explain to him what all I was doing anyways. I've been in this place for the longest, all I longed to do was to return home to my own bed, not danky hotel bedrooms that reeked of mould and urine, dirty sheets and unclean shower heads, unkempt carpet and filthy toilets, I can't take this anymore, my home may not be the best looking, but its better that this crap shack.

"Miss, how long I gotta wait here, I'm on a schedule ye know"

"It'll only take a minute sir, please hold for a while"

"A minute eh? I'm already counting, 1....2.....3......4.....5...........sssiiii"

"OKAY! I get the point sir, go! I'll get another cab"

I hopped from the crappy cab and went into what appeared to be an alley pub, which would have been nice, considering I needed a sip and I wasn't driving anyway. I walked inside and a cloud of smoke flippin' slapped me directly in the face, I can't bare to try and contain my loud, exaggerated couch, I let out (with all extra emphases) a nasty loud hack, putting everyone near to me in alarm. I look up and loomed ahead as if I had complete tunnel vision, like not even a single soul was there. My eyes were fixed on my one and only SOLE destination, a high bar stool settled far in the back away from the selfish, television hog, the chain-smoking demon with the 'Born-To-Kill' tattoo, the woman that was confused if she was safe or not, the loud cheap guy on his cellular, yelling as in to get the attention of people who gave two lesses of a crap on how many sales he makes (Yeah, I'm aware of the nonexistent word) and finally, the one mystique man in the middle of the floor, trying ever desperately to council that gun.... Oh boy, here we go.

*Deep Breath*

I look back toward the bar counter, settled in front of me were eight little shot glasses (and yet I still was sober) I look back at the gunman, he still looked nervous ever, shaking a bit, sweating a lot, breathing heavy, his eye bat here and fro.

I look back at what sits before me, then a quick glance at what's around the gun-handler. Two policemen in the corner adjacent to him, 5 feet away maybe. I placed my hand on a glass and stared intensely at the man, he reached inside of his overcoat, I gave a deep breath, he blow out a stiff breath, my grasp drew tighter..... Here come.

He snatches his weapon from the holster, my eyes get big

"GET DOWN!!" I yell

I slung the glass as hard as I could at his forehead.. Problem resolve.