Chapter 19: Back Tracking

Back tracking my steps, trying to remember the order that Phillip wanted, a complicated plater of (what sound to me, like garbage) French Mayonnaise dip, fried Carrots, Dried our Goat Livers, two Burger Buns, pork fried Pickles and boiled/deep fried hamburgers, with a extra large Pepsi... Gross..

I take the grotesque order to the front desk, the man stared at me in fright, I did the same. I didn't hesitate to tell the man, the order wasn't mine, he laughed solemnly and said 'That's what all the weirdos say'.... I pardoned his remark, but he disregarded my question and was for the kitchen, creepy old man. He made the plater and brought it back with a rotten smile.

"Good luck with that plate of steaming crap!" He yells from behind the counter.

"I don't believe in luck"

He gasped and told me 'No wonder you ordered such crap for dinner, Apparently u don't believe in a heart attacks either'
This old geezer won't give up, will he?

I make my way back to my room, I take a good long look at those stairs and I know that they are the enemy, due to my injuries that Phillip is not aware of, I am restricted to walking like a pregnant women, looking to release her load at any minute. No argument, I tale the elevator, lazy never felt so good. I hit the tenth floor button, and yes, I walked ten flights down, and I'm head upward...... Then I stop, somewhere between the 7th and 8th floor. Completely alone, I am, then the worst occurs... The lights shut down.

Of course, after 30 minutes had passed, Phillip called me, he obviously was worried. His sort Brazilian voice coming through the phone was so pleasant, so peaceful.... I told him I was in the elevator, stuck. He said he was coming down to help, but I told him there wasn't a need, cause I was stuck between floors, unless he was Superman, he was unfortunately of no use. I reassured him I was okay, then the call was ceased, promptly afterward, I called the hotel manager and told him the problem, he dispatched for Firemen to come and pry me out, two and a half hours was my waiting time, it skrupped to be me right now.

*Forty-five Minutes*

It already feels as if an eternity has passed me by. This experience would be a lot better if Phillip were in here with me, though I don't know him well, I feel safe around him. The embrace of his arms, they sound of his voice, the touch of his hands. Graceful and joyful.

*One Hour*

I got bored and too desperate, till the point I couldn't take it anymore, I sit my cellular on the floor and I begin to play
"Golden Days" Norman Bailey. Sweet sounds of youth, where everything seems so easy and possible, where all is always good, time is your, so you take command over it.
With the flash on my phone lighting up the whole elevator, it's almost as if the lights never went out. I've already eaten my chips and cocktail dip, and now I'm quite hungry again, but I only have the blimey plate of horrible, nasty with me and I most certainly am NOT eating that.

*Hour and Thirty-Six Minutes*

I only have a few minutes left, but I don't think I can wait another second in here. I slip in and out of sleep, off and on for the last 45 minutes, but there's always a jolt or bump to awake me, I wake up to only find the elevator creaking. My phone rings and instantly, the light's gone. Now, I'm not one to be afraid of the darkness, but this is dreadful, I know I'm here alone and on my own, but I can promise you that something just touched my shoulder.

"Hello, Phillip?"

"Yeah, it's me"

"Yeah, I know, what d'you want?"

"Everything is not working, the power's out, the radio won't cut back on, and the blimey water is being ridiculous as well"

"Oh no"

"What is it, Lizz?"

"I wonder why the power is off. It's a hotel, people are bound to have multiple things in at once, so we know the hotel's breaker box didn't throw, so what could it be?"

"I Don't know, but I'm making my way down to the elevator"

"Okay, hurry!"

"Okay, on my way, now"

"Okay"

I hang up, and begin to breath heavier and heavier every waking second. Phillip better hurry up.