Chapter 7: Just a, Uh.....

The waitress waltzes over and tells me, that they are out of biscuits, so she gives me a menu and asks me, with a huge, irritating smile, if there was something else I'd like to try. I gave the menu, at least a 2 minute glance, then I shot a quick look back to the man in the booth.

"Just a bowl of warm oats and ham, please" I tell her.

She nods her head and begins for the kitchen.

The man in the booth stands to his feet, dropping a hefty bit of cash on the table, in tips.

It appears as if he may be leaving, so I rise from the table, so as to follow. But he then changes his direction, so I instantly sit again, in hopes he didn't see me standing. He maneuvers way through the other diner chairs...... Then as expected. He takes his place at my booth.

"Hello, Lizz...." He says.

"Do I know you, sir?" I asked the man

"You may, you may not. But that is of no REAL concern, because the truth of this! Matter, is......... I know you. And I knew your father as well. He was a good man to me, and to hear him go, brought me such pain, as I know it did more for you. Now, I.........."

"Who are you? Where do you know me from?" I asked with quickness

"I worked with or alongside your father, at the hospital, I'm

Phillip Clark, and I....."

" You have been following me around, for weeks, it seems. What do you want from me?" I had really wished, he hadn't come over to my table

"I want to help you. There is noway in heaven and nor hell, if there was one, that you don't want to find your father's murderer, its only right to think that way"

"Yeah, but how do you know, I need your help?" I said this in hopes that he would just leave it at that, but he didn't

"Miss, I don't wish to bother you any longer, if you want me to go, then I shall be on my way..... Bye, miss"

He rose up from the table, at this point, I started to shovel the last bit of oats into my mouth. In the heated rush I was in, to catch up with the man, as he was almost to his car, I even forgot to ask for a to go cup. I walked right out with the diner cup in hand.

"Sir! Sir!! I don't know you much at all, but if my father knew you, then you are just as much as a friend to me as you were to him. But I want you to know............. I'm not looking for any lawful or rightful way to deal with my father's murderer. So if you want to stand in the way of that, then I don't need your help"

He said in return

"Miss, I'm not looking for any code of conduct, if blood is shed, then so be it"

Now, as easy as it may seem, looking for a murderer in a group of holy people, is hard. Especially when you have no leads.

Next Morning:

*Ding Ding, Ding Ding, Ding Ding!!!*

This was the hardest part of the day, the blaring of that rusted barrier, at the train tracks. Moving fast as the sweat of my brow, to the supple, roundness of my chin, but I feel that I can still make it.

And then there's Phill, on the opposing side of the tracks, shaking his head, giving me the *No go* signal, shouting at the tippy top his weakened lungs.

"LIZZ!! JUST HOLD ON, DON'T TRY YOUR FATE! ITS NOT WORTH IT!! LIZZ!!"

I would usually take the advice, instructed to me, but here's the problem with this situation. I don't believe in Fate, hehe!

I whipped my bike around, going at least 45 on a side/dirt road. And then I caught a slick part on the ground, slick enough to slide, but gritty enough not to fall. I leaned into the slide to make the bike turn, where I could maintain my speed. And now, I'm facing the train, without a bit of fear in my eyes, I split the ground as I go raging toward the moving demon. Phillip, still against my decision, justa hollering his throat out

"NO, LIZZ!!!! NO!!"

And then i catch air.

I should have listened to Phillip....... Cause now, I'm in mid-air, with my head making friends with the ground, almost. And I'm dead...... The train (of course) isn't stopping for anyone, and just then. I'm clear. But!

*EEEEEEEERRRRRRHHHHH, KISHHHHH!!!!!! BOOOORHHHHHHRRRR!!!!*