Chapter 11: Two Birds One stone

One bird: She didn't seem surprised, almost shocked, but not at all...... Like she knew I was gonna kiss her. Some things escalate farther than expected. Tomorrow will be the weirdest day ever. But I'll except that.

The next morning, I got up earlier than usual, I took my shower, then headed out, didn't even have my coffee.

I caught a cab to the closes diner, I'm tired of the cafeteria food, same things every morning

Grits/warm Oats

Bacon or Ham

White, Brown or even Red eyed gravy

Southern style blueberry biscuits with syrup

Orange juice, water, milk, nasty tap coffee.

I just can't take it anymore, that is not REAL! Food, more like the gunk that lives inside a garbage disposal!

When I arrive at the diner, she was there. The biggest coincidence, in mankind's history, a man tries to evade the girl he planted one on, the night before and instead of missing her, we both meet at the same location, as if she followed me.

I walk inside and try to go unnoticed, but she spots me anyways, 'Oh boy!' I think to myself, this is not gonna end well.

I turn and look in her direction and with a giant smile, she waves for me. I gulp and begin to walk, wishing myself the strongest luck.

"Hey! I uh..... Didn't expect to see you here, I thought you were still in bed?" I wish we hadn't met here

"Well I was, but the my sister contacted me and she told me there were stopping by the house a few days ago, but I told her I was in Connecticut on some business, but that was just right for her, cause her and her family are taking a road trip, and they had to come through the state anyways, so I told her I would meet her somewhere, so here we finally are..... Together at last, I haven't seen her in years!"

Lizz points across the table to this women sitting in front of her.

"This is my older sister" Lizz exclaims.

But for an older sister, this lady has absolutely nothing on Lizz, not to be rude.

"when did you get here?"

I question Lizz, I'm hoping some time ago, so that I don't have to have breakfast with them, so as not to interrupt, ye know?

"Oh, um.... Had to be about 2 minutes before you, it wasn't long at all, sit! You can have breakfast with us!"

Just great, I thought to myself. This is what you would probably call payback.

"Well I don't wonna disturb your peace" I say, in hopes to get out of here..

"I don't mind, I'm sure Brook doesn't either"

Of course, Brook shakes her head in agreement to me having a seat...Here we go!

"Well, okay. I uh... I'll go get us some coffees! And, um.... I'm sorry about last night, Lizz"

Before she could reply, I took my leave and headed for the counter, which was only about 5 steps away, so I could still hear all of Brook and Lizz's conversation

Brook: "What'd he do last night? He didn't hurt you did he?"

Lizz: "No no, he actually, uh. Well he umm.... He kissed me! He thinks, that I'm upset, but... I actually kinda thought it was cute."

Ugh! This is what sisters converse about, how kisses are cute! As shocked as I was to hear this, I almost dropped the coffees! Fortunate enough, I caught myself *Phew* relived as well, not I don't have to feel guilty, at least I hope.