Chapter 8: Intervals

*GUNSHOTS*

I tucked, I rolled, I ran as the bullets mangled the wall behind me. The reek of curare diluted the air. It no longer was breathable, I wasn't too upset about it, the air reeked of piss anyway. I never liked the smell of armpit as much as I did at this moment,  I reckon I'm not gonna like it afterwards either. But the way things are going, I'm not sure I'm gonna have a chance after this. But I kept running, 'til I saw the break of day. But it didn't cease, the fire kept at me. It was almost like they never chanced the clip. I thought I was quick, clean and easy, I thought I maneuvered through the alley crap well, apparently not. The dirty sucker shot me directly in my bloody ear, but I didn't have time to care or cry, I kept running, just screaming my guts out a bit.

I grew tired of this the night before, but I couldn't stop unless I wanted a whole round in my head. Or so it seemed..

It' had been about 4 hours after midnight and still I ran. It was when I tripped over a barrel lid and started to pray to whomever, when I realized... The fire had stopped... hours ago. I guess it was just flat fear that kept me running, kept me on my toes.. Or feet, whatever remains of them, I wouldn't know, I haven't looked down there in hours.

I jumped up and ran a bit more, I was energized now, but I was running to seek REAL shelter, before the gunman caught up with me again. I don't know what it was, but something told me not to look at the person shooting for me. So all the while, I ran without even looking back. Irony.