Chapter 26: Found My Love

As we speedily approach the SUVs, we noticed that nobody occupied them, they sat dormant. Excitement and Relief crowds Phillip's and My face, at least for now. Phillip rams the vehicles with his truck (platinum cage front) to clear a way for me, that was kind. We made our way down the road. Miles and miles out of the way, we enter a little town after driving for 8 hours. The population was probably about 300.000 (not that much) but the strange thing was that they all spoke a different language.

"Oi! You there, how to get to the freeway?"

Stranger: "Quel?"

"I said where's the freeway"

Stranger: "Quel?!"

Phillip turns to me, with shock scribbled on his face, and of all the things I've seen, this actually was among the craziest.

"Blimey Lizz, they all speak French, we'll never get away from here now!"

"Relax Phillip, I took a course when I was in college, I basically speak the entire language, let me try"

I walked over to the man and begin to converse.

"Salut! Pardon, Pouvez-vous me dire où l'autoroute est?"

Stranger: "Oh bien sûr, à 30 milles à l'ouest"

"Splendide, pourquoi vous remercie sir, JE tionnalités qui permet cela! Prendre soin"

I turned back to see Phillip's mouth scrubbing the ground. Shocked I guess.

"What's the matter, Phillip? Never asked for directions before?"

We hit the road for the freeway, and we drove for several years, it seemed.

*Expected Times*

We found the freeway and we took it all the way........ In a circle. The reason being? There's been a black pickup truck following closes enough behind Phillip and I, with every intention to bring us in to captivity, I would believe. We get about 46 miles down the freeway and we've passed at the least 12 county lines, and yet this person still trails us. I call Phill and give him a quick plan, which is to instantly be put into affect.

"Phillip, you see that black truck two cars back?"

"You mean the one that's been tailing us for hours?"

"Yes that one, I think he....... Wait! Hours? What'd you mean HOURS? I only counted one"

"Haha, I wish that was true Lizz, he's been on our tails since that little town with the weird people, he was just following so close behind that big bread, you couldn't see him"

"That's insane, we've gotta ditch'em, I've gotta plan, listen well"

The plan was simple and easy, get in front of a big enough truck, jump into the farthest lane in the oncoming traffic, just that easy.... Affective? Well, not completely. 12 car collision, 22 we injured, pretty severely, but they'll live. As for the black truck man........... Fatal.
Through everything, both me and Phillip learned a valuable lesson today, stay in Connecticut for now. So we went back.

*Tired.. Relentless*

On out way back in, we stop at a grocery stop, we're in desperate need of food. As tattered and reckless as we look, we got some real gross looks from the city goers. We walk into the fruit aisle to get some oranges, and Phillip noticed that security was following us terribly, from the moment we walked in. Phillip got close and whispered the previous in my ear canals, the piercing gusts against my eardrum, made me feel hollow, broken.... Empty. Security kept following, until I knocked over a watermelon stand, the the security guard came sprinting over, as if we needed him. He was sloshy and gross, he had an abundance of space between his eyebrow and hair line, to the center of his head.

"You alright ma'am?

"Yes, yes I'm fine, just a minor trip, that's all! Thank you"

"Yes, you're welcome. But uh, ma'am and uh, sir.... Is there any particular way you look the way you do?

Phillip didn't necessarily like that question, he chined in very quickly.

"No, there isn't, what's any of this to you, Huh?"

"Oh nothing sir, just making sure all is well"

"Well yeah, all is fine"

"Okay sir, good day"

"Yeah and that's a good day to you too!"

The look on Phillip's face was priceless, but that's beside the point, he was to harsh with "Mr. Security" he should know better than to come off so guilty like that. The 'Armed and Dangerous' security man was now adjacent to Phillip and I. We speedily got in line and paid, the faster we could leave, was the better.