Chapter 1: Pairing Thoughts

There I sat, alone and broken. Facing my father's headstone. Heartbroken and torn, yet I felt hatred, hatred toward the person who made my father's absolute worse nightmare, a reality. Silently, the hatred crept deeper into my bone marrow. The feeling of vengeance fluttered through every path way of my blood stream. This is where I wanted to crack... But I didn't, not even the slightest emotion swarmed my face. As crushed as I was, I kept composed. I had to, because there was nobody to keep it for me. The more I stood there and studied each letter that crowd the last places he would ever be stationed, my lungs shriveled and grew warm. Burning and longing for air. I took in a gulp of that sharp, whipping breeze that chilled through the naked trees of the cemetery. I promised my heart that I would never find myself in this place again. Yet, every time a peddle falls from these flowers I leave, I come to replace them. Feeling more and more guilty as I do. Wishing that it was I, who had met my father's fate, instead of he. I partially wanted these things for selfish reasoning, the other part just wanted a better place for my father to rest, than a cold wooden box in the ground, where no one would hear his cries for help if all of this was an elaborate joke... but I knew it wasn't. Maybe one day my heavy consumption of alcohol will take me the same way this cruel world took my father; smiling and giving everyone the very best of me.