Chapter 3: Contagious Emotions

As tiring and emotional as the day had been, I was seeking rest. But my job the next morning didn't permit it, I had an interview for a very big company, so I had to be at my best, in being presentable.

Rory? You hungry, buddy? Well here ye go, a nice big bowl of tuna

Rory is my little cat, he has always been there for me, much like my father.............. But, Rory' still here.

I walked in my kitchen to grab a bite, and a faint imagine crossed my vision as I passed the sink, it was right outside my window, it looked like the silhouette of a man. But of course, I just shook it off, I knew I was really tired and needed some rest, that's all.

Its about a quarter till 2, and I haven't got the least bit of sleep yet. But I should be done in 20 minutes then I could go to bed. After I was done with the paper and computer work, I sought my way for bed.

Rory! Where ye at, buddy? Time for bed........Rory!.......... Rory?

As strange as it may sound, my little Rory would call back to me, in his squeaky little voice, this time.... There was nothing, so i call again.

Rory, where are you?

I kind of got worried, so I went around to the back door, to see if he had went outside, maybe. As I approached the door, I saw half of his furry tail, hanging from inside the flapper door, so I came close, so that i could release him....... And it happened just then. My poor, defenseless kitty lie desolate on the floor...... In horror, I closed my eyes, I couldn't take seeing death another time. But i had to act in someway. So I went toward the back wall of the house, to grope for the light switch in the deep darkness, and I slipped in liquid. It stunk of iron, and salt! At a glare in the moon like, the liquid looked red. It was then, when i realized, I was standing in a pool of blo... A pool of blood.

I found the light switch, and as hesitant as I was to cut the lights on... I did it anyway, and to my surprise. There my little kitty lie... fast ASLEEP! Full to his little belly, he didn't move. Turning over is water bowl, he laid there in water.

Foolish old girl

I thought to myself, of course....

Come on, bud.... Let's put you in bed

So I picked Rory up, and waltzed up stairs. At the crown of my staircase, I heard a creaked at the front, kitty door flapper. I owned a mirror,that reflected the imagine of the front door, to my forefront. I stopped for a minute or two, then I proceeded on to my room. As I swung around the side railing, I glanced toward the mirror...My heart sank. As if a part of my soul, detached himself from me, like a constant wound, ripping open... My heart sank. As I peered into the mirror to see an eye looking back at me, through the wide keyhole of my old timey house. I stand in shock for more than a minute, then I blink, and it disappeared. I ran for my room door, I slammed it, and began to call 911. Though, I knew the police were coming, I still felt unsafe, so I told the officer over the phone

I fear for my life, be that as it very well may.... When the other officers get here, tell them to bust the door down, there is no way i'm leaving this room.

My heart, at this point... Beats as fast as my entire soul allows it to. Then after 3 minutes, I here

STAND CLEAR OF THE DOOR!!!

now I'm safe...

For now.