Chapter 31: Dear Agony

As hazy as you'd think I was from the fall, I felt pretty alright and extremely fortunate that nothing was broken. I looked up to see the crook scampering away, I picked up the closest object from my collapsing position (which just so happen to be the bottom half of a retired desk chair, wheels still attached. I  slung as hard as my tiny muscles allowed me, fortunate enough, the chair bottom hit him square in his (as of now) useless back. I sat there for just a minute, feeling all the years of regret flutter through my head, all that I would've done different, but this is the price you pay when you play the game. I got up, with a slight limp, I lunged over to the dirty looking thing (weather it was a woman or a man, I couldn't tell yet, mud and garbage smears covered the lot of its face) and I gave a slight nudge at it's legs, it wasn't moving... 

'Did I hit it that hard?' I thought to myself 'Is it dead?'

"Get up! Get up now!!"

 I yelled as hard as possible, as I felt blood rush through the canal of my throat, I knew I wasn't as fortunate as I hoped to be, I also knew that now was the time to shut up and get down to business. I whipped around looking for my handy, but I couldn't seem to spot it. I hear a 'not so faint' scrubbing of dirt behind me, this is just perfect, exactly what I need (sarcasm.)

Judging from the angle of the sound, the sweep was obviously on my left side, easy jump on that on. There was a sharp sound within the sweeping sound implying that she or he or..... whatever it is, pulled a knife from some place, probably its boot, the fall would've exposed blood if it was tucked tightly in a belt, there was no support on either sides of the hip, so boot it is. From previous actions, this thing is Right-handed, so the knife must've been taken from it's left boot, maybe. The blade is obviously sharp, I can hear it cut the night air from where I am, and I'm at least 13 feet away, so this may be a hard one. Anything I missed? Guess not, well I. oh WAIT!! Did i forget to mention, it threw the knife, so I need to move in 3..2..1

I moved just in time, I caught the blade by the hilt and the ducked, because inevitably, this idiot jumped for me. I gave a slight laugh when the thing flew over my head, its shirt flew up, and it's gender was exposed, from the dirt stained, white bra it was wearing, I saw clearly it was a woman, but depending on how much it may piss me off, she will remain an "IT" for a while.

I ran up to it as quick as possible, and since the groundish thing was wet, I slid on the heel of my boot, right in front of her, I MEAN IT.. In front of it. it had really really lovely hair.. Too bad. I stood on it's calves and I repeatedly told her (because it is getting old) to answer some simple question.

"What is your name!?" No answer, of course, so I step harder.

"Okay then, since that question is too hard for you, try this one, Coulldzer, does that name sound familiar?" Still no answer, don't people know that if they answer, there will be no more pain?

Sadly, I take her knife and place it behind her head, she knew what was next, so she squirmed and I didn't care, I put the blade to her neck and slightly rubbed it across her skin.

"OKAY! YES, I KNOW THE HIM, WHAT DOES IT MATTER YOU ANYWAY, LET ME GO!!" 

She's a smart one, I guess, what is more, what does she mean "HIM" I didn't mention a gender to the name.

"Wait, slow down, stop! Who said anything about a he? I just gave you a name, I didn't mention a male nor female, do why do you say "HIM"?

"Oh don't act like I'm stupid!" She said with a think accent "I know exactly who you and that old fool are!"

With all the little patience I no longer had left, I conjured up more, so that her thinking did not bring upon it's own destruction by means of my hands.

"You shut.... UP!! Now, tell me, you dirty germ, what do you know about him?"

"I know he'as dead and I know he deserved it!" She replied sharply.

"Wait, what do you mean he deserved it? Why did he deserve it, what did he do?"

"Oh, so you don't know? Maybe you should check your records before you just best up little girls, you scum!"

I've had about enough of this stupid girl. 

"YOU KNOW WHAT! I'VE HAD ENOUGH OF YOU! SAY GOODBYE YOU DIRT-BAG!"

 "NO! PLEASE!! She says with a shaky voice

"Please won't save you from me."

I draw the knife back and shove it toward her, she should've just answered me and it wouldn't have had to come to this. Her head slumped over and I giggled a bit. I walked away laughing, I turned and threw her beautiful, long Blonde ponytail in front of her.

"I'm keeping this knife you punk, now get up!

I assist the dirty child to her feet, and I hear this nasty, childish sniffling. I pull her head up by her hair.. She's crying? She's crying??

"Hey, hey! Cut that out, what are you crying for? how old are" I asked, she hesitated but she finally gave an answer

"I'm sixteen......... Thank you.. for not killing me"

I looked at her and in the pit of my heart, I felt no pity for this thing.

"Why are you crying?" I asked a second time.

"My hair... I loved my hair.. And you cut it"

"So.. I don't care, now shut up."

"It was my crown"

My heart sank and fell to my stomach. My dad used to tell me to never cut my hair, because it was my crown, it represented who I was, that I was me and not  trying to be something or someone I wasn't. I cut this poor child's crown. I took the blade and I told her to look at me, she quickly looked up and I held the knife to my throat, I told her to take the blade, but she refused, she looked back toward the ground and wept. then she quickly looked back at me when she heard the cut of the sharp, double edged blade slice though my ponytail. That ponytail took my 23 year to grow, it reach a little below my rear. whispered to the poor child.

"I'm so sorry"

We picked up her things and made our way to the ground and to some sort of shelter for the night. What a day.