Chapter 6: Blasphemous Corrections

42 hours driving, continually, nonstop (save for coffee and fuel stops)

No hotel beds, no restaurant food, just little fig bars. A 42 hour ride, and all I ate was some funky, little fig bars, from an old pervert, selling them from a wicker basket, off the back of his rusty 12 speed. He told me, that they were made from natural occurring herbs of his garden. Me, being smarter than that and knowing that a guy like him, the kind with the thin, slicked, sideways hair, the unkempt beard, tattered flannel shirt with holey shorts, and the crummy teeth, could barely afford air to put in them dryrot, gunny sakes, he calls bike tires.

Then he had the audacity to tell me

"You may hab dem fibars for free, if you give me something in return"

I took a good, long look at him (knowing what he wanted) and then gave him a flying brick of a fist, cold knocking him out. And then, I took as many "Figars" as i wanted.

And I was on the road again.

So, finally arriving in Stratford, I stopped at a local diner, to get some real food. I walked into the doors, looking like 60 miles of dirt road. As freezing as it was, I just shook the cold away, as all eyes were upon me. I pretended I was as good as ever..... But on the inside, i wanted to explode.

I sat down in a booth, way back in a corner, where all of the diner was visible to me, and where my back was to no one. In the far left corner, sits a man, funny looking. Black shades on, a grey T-shirt, long wool black overcoat on, and a black stetson, sitting slackish (if you will) on his odd shape, rounded head.

The waitress came over to my booth, and proceeded to ask

"What will we be having today, ma'am?"

With a polite smile, stitched to my face, I reply

"Just a coffee and biscuit, thanks"

I feared something was all to strange about the man in the corner. I got up to go over, but as soon as i rose, my phone gave its tone.....

It read

"You never met me by the street light, but here will do"

What did he mean by "Here will do" and how does he know where I am?