Chapter 4: Beginnings

I was so shaken up, that one of the officers caught notice of me shivering. He came near to me and said,

Miss Majors, you look a little unstable, i know something as scary as this can have a person questioning safety. But, if it makes you feel better, my men can put back up your door, and you can spend the night in one of the holding cells down town, if it makes you feel safer?

Can I bring Rory with me? I asked the officer...

He looked at me, and gave a relieving chuckle, then looked me dead in the face,

You are most certainly welcome to bring Rory along

Relief crowed my emotions, I knew I was safe now.

On my way to the station, it came to my realization that I did not have my cell phone,

Excuse me, officer! I left my cell phone, can we go back please?

For a second he just stared at me in the rearview mirror, then he came to a slow-and-roll, turned around and went back. I walked in the front door, and saw my phone sitting on the corner table, by the bay window, where I didn't remember placing it. Near to it, was a folded note, I grabbed them both, and hurried back to the police car. On the ride to the station, I begin to read the note, it simply said...

Look out the window

I turned both ways, to look through both windows, I even tried for the back. But nothing was there. I got scared all over again.

Miss Major? Do you have covering for the night? Because the cell bed sheets are rather thin. Can't have the prisoners getting too comfortable, right? Haha

Paying absolutely no mind to the officer, I silently freak out more.

So we finally arrive at the station. I settle down in a cell far from the rest of the station, I began to read a book I had been reviewing the last few days. Then my phone vibrates, and gives out its loud text tone 'Simply The Best'. Perfect, just perfect, I sarcastically thought, I even saw a couple of the officers laughing.

Anyways, i check the text, and it simply says look left, so i turn and "look left". With the horror taking its revenge again, there is a man... Under a street light, he looks down at his cellular, then looks up. My phone gives its tone again, the message reads

"meet tomorrow in this place"

I looked back toward the window, and the man had vanished. And my night became troublesome, all over again.

The man appearing everywhere led me to thinking of my father, and who killed him. I was thinking about it so much, i started to fall asleep on the idea of finding my father's murderer......... And so it began........

My studying for the stupid interview tomorrow, ugh!!!! I don't think this job is even worth it.

My eyes are heavy, and I need sleep!

Body shutting down, in

3.

2...

1........

Dead sleep!