Chapter 21: Can It Be So?

It's true, but Phillip doesn't know that. I am well reversed and trained with multiple hand weapons, if not all of them.... Who taught me? Self taught, when I was younger, I would train behind an old Piggly Wiggly after school, it was fun, yet brutal...... Now that I think of it, I basically taught myself everything. My father, he did play the father role, but all he ever taught Brook and I, was if we tell a boy to leave us alone, and they don't... Well, hit them right where it hurts, in the side of the neck. I did that on several occasions, it payed off.
But other than the typical and stereotypical father, he didn't teach us anything, which is why he would be proud if he could still see us. But....... He can't.

*Past Tense & Tears*

Phillip and I headed out of the battered room, I still can't believe everything was so trashed and my blimey bag was stolen, I had a plate in there that belonged to and ancient conquistador. I was gonna see how much money I could get for it, but I know how much now.. NONE! Cause it's solid gone. Phillip takes a glance at me as we stick and move down, around and through the desolation and rubble the clutters the corridors of the hotel. Somebody really wanted us dead or maybe just me. Suddenly I remember..... This was wrong, this wasn't mean't to happen, Can I Be So Their after Phillip.
We slide past a door that some idiot broke lose from the hinges "How come we didn't hear all of this?" I yell to Phillip.

"I haven't got a clue, but if we want to survive, I'd shut it and run!"

We yell our words back to each other, because suddenly the hotel grew loud with noise, yet it was vacant... No one no longer exists here, where did everyone go?
We start to approach the elevator.

*Tick, Tick, Tick.........*

"Lizz!! Watch out!!!"

It was almost too late, Phillip snatched me by my coat hood. A C4 detonator went off and left the hotel standing in two destitute pieces, both Phillip and I on the same side, yet we both need to be on the other.

"How are we gonna get over ridge?!"

"Pardon!"

"How are we gonma make it to the other fold?!"

"English, Phillip!"

"Oh gosh, Lizz! How are we gonna make it across?! Is that better?"

"Yes and I don't know, look as if we will have to jump!"

Me and Phillip walk toward the edge to give it a peep, every floor below, smoldering with fire to the knees... And higher. The noise pisses us both off as it get louder, by choice... All of a sudden, we realize why. To the left of us, out of the bat window, flew a huge helicopter, with automatic mini guns strapped to its sides..

"NO FREAKING WAY!!" I yell with all the air possible

Why us? Why us? I loom at Phil, and tell him to run. We turn around and sprint back down the hall (speed buildup) we turn, facing the 'Other Side' with our back adjacent to the hallways's ending.

"Lizz? You ready for this?"

"Uuugh..... No?"

We run.