Chapter 29: Ants and Fire

Everybody scattered like small ants to the sight of fire. It was actually a sight to swe, everyone running like chickens without a head. Before I slung my glass, I signaled the bar tender to call the police; as he did. People upon people racing for the LOCKED doors, as if they hadn't known this from the 'get it go'. Why is it that every bar I go to has a stupid gunman, the excitement of a drink is enough, is it not.

"Miss, how'd you know he had a weapon?"

"Well, I saw him reach in his jacket, then I saw the glare from the chrome handle of his gun"

"Wow, are you trained in this stuff, to see stuff like that?"

"No, I just knew I didn't wanna die today"

"Well thank God for you, otherwise, lives would've been taken"

It came at surprise to the gentleman that an individual spotted the gunman, and to be honest, I didn't trust him. He seemed too, too..... Calm, too confident, as if a man didn't just almost threaten to blow his head away, its unreal, it doesn't happen this way. Am I crazy? I think to myself: Get a hold of yourself, Lizz. My cellphone rings, and guess who.

"Hello?"

"Oh God, Lizz... Where are you? I woke up and came to your room and you were there. The door was cracked, I went in and as I said, You were gone"

"I just stepped out to get some breakfast, that's all Phillip"

"From where?"

"Phillip, why? I'm a grown woman, CAN'T I GO ANYWHERE ON MY OWN?"

"Oh, well.... Yeah, I'm sorry..... I was just worried"

"Phillip, I.. I'm sorry, I just"

"Yeah, I know.. You're just stressed, I understand"

He hung up, without even saying goodbye, I just yelled at the man I think..... I'm SURE I love. What's wrong with me?

Am I crazy? Irresponsible or maybe even cruel?

Well time didn't allow me to find out, but that was a self made problem that only I can fix.

This place was gross and I had to get out of here. Before I left, I got close to see the man, whome I hit. Still pressed tight to his forehead, the glass seem to have pink liquid stream from its sides. Could it be blood? Isn't it too light? What was it?

Were the only words I could hear and visualize in my head, I flip open his jacket and looked in his pocket, his license was located there, so I hoped.

I pulled out the black billfold and right there, in big, bold, ironic writing was
Special Agent: Jeffrey Torwelled

My mental jaw dropped and my mental kneecap kick it back shut. I put the wallet type, leather booklet back in his coat and as I began to stand I see a piece of paper in his clenched hand, I swiped it and stealthily went for the restroom, no much to read, but whoever wrote this mentioned my father as an eye witness of something he obviously shouldn't have seen.. Extortion, embezzlement, fraud, all these things led to my father's death. Is this why they wanted him dead, because of greed?

Came to me as absolutely no surprise, so far as greed, all people want these days is money and lots of it, and they'll put a quarter of six inches of they're foot down anyone's throat just to get it.. I promptly left when the doors where unlock (still locked) and headed for shelter.

Few leads are better than none.

Hollow WingsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara