Chapter 9: Blood and Sweat

My vision is blurred, I hear gunshots from on a far, is this Heaven?

It can't be, the smell isn't sweet enough. And guns! In Heaven? Not likely....... I see a faint imagine of Phillip over me, with that crooked smile and that god awful body spray.......

"Where am I?" I asked Phillip, with my palm to my forehead. "What happened?"

"Your in a hospital, right down the road from the train tracks, as you were head down, in the air, the front side of the train apparently got mad that you were blocking his way, so he politely gave the back of your bike a smack. Your lucky to have survived"

What kind of a world is this, where an innocent girl can't jumps some train tracks, without getting the powwy! And luck is too far, fetched.... I don't believe in it.

I turned to Phillip, he looked scared, yet calm.

"Is my bike okay?"

"Haha, not a nick, or even a paint scratch. Its perfectly fine, but I gave it a little addition, if you don't mine"

Addition? I thought the Nautilus looked fine already, I don't need any flippin' additions

"What'd you do to my bike, Phillip?"

"Relax, Lizz........ its only a minor little thing. I will show you, when we get you outta here"

I couldn't wait to get out of here, and see what this guy did to my bike.

The doctor came in, and helped me to my feet, then took me to the sign out desk, in the front of the building. There, I saw a man rise up from a seat, he got to the desk before me, but the whole way he carried himself , was very strange.

He had a backpack, that looked a little over stuffed, but closed well. He walked hunched over, not completely, just about 8 quarters of an inch, he had on a black skull cap, regular boot cut jeans, black, shinny leather boots, a tie-dye shirt, and a long black overcoat, and to top it all off, he wore glasses like no other, their bigger than his head, if he leans forward just that much of a bit, why them things are gonna send him shuttleheading to the floor. But anyways, he looks me dead in my face, and smiles, he saw i was on a sort of limp, so he let me go to sign out first, which was nice, but I still didn't trust him. So I signed the release form and I was on my way. I walk a little ways pass the front door, then I feel a tight hand on my shoulder, as if to jerk me. I quickly snatch away and face the person.

"What the shii......."

Its the strange man.

"You left your pen back there, miss''

He hands over my pen, I still am a little unsure of the guy.

''Thank you..........sir!''

And he's on his way back in. I thought I was dead, for sure. I keep forgetting I packed my old DE in my jacket pocket, it comes in hand in sticky situations. As I stand there for a minute or two, I see Phillip jetting out the door, but not by choice. Two big bla........... well, two big guys slung him of the door, face down, kissing the concrete.

''Keep your freaking hands of the machines!!!!" One of the fellas yells

I run to Phillips aid, of course, and before I can get good words from past my lips, he assures me that he's okay. As we walked to the parking garage, I asked him what he had done to get thrown out of there, like that.

''The vending machine, kept eating up my dollars, so I gave it a pound, and move than what I bargained for, came out! Hahaha!''

''Gaha! Your a crazy man, Phillip. Those men could haven hurt you'' I tried to keep a straight face, while telling him this, but you can't help but to laugh, when you get thrown from a building cause of snacks.