Chapter 5: Wishful Thinking

*Gasp!*

Uh! What the... I wish the freaking beeping would stop, its driving me crazy...... Rory? You awake bud?

Awoken from my sleep, by an annoying beep, from one of the station's computers. The monitor screen lit up the whole wall, where my cell was located. Getting sleep is really hard when you lie on an old bed made of resinous wood, rusty nails, bent metals, and a funky mattress, with............ Mysterious spots on it.

I'd like it better, if I hadn't seen those...... Period...

Anyways, I couldn't catch my sleep back. It kept running as I groped for it.

I had the craziest idea, to go back home. So. I. Did.

Hugh... I ran home, in the pale, foggy, and quite scary night. It took 20 minutes, that's when you make a constant run, non-stop.

I finally made it to my mail box, where I awkwardly collapsed. *Derp*

Face down, in the dirt...... I felt even more stupid to realize, my pants were ripped, right at their crease.

"Perfect, just perfect..... Thank God, there aren't any cute guys around"

I thought, to myself.

After all the self-embarrassment, I got up after a while (the ground felt rather pleasant)

I went inside, and surprisingly, I felt safe in there.

I took a shower, changed my dirty clothes, got a cup of coffee.... And, well! I started to search, for what? You may ask. My father's murderer. He will pay for all the heartache he brought. With every marrow in my bones, I will try to put him in his rightful place. The Grave.

I took a quiet stroll outside and gazed there at the opened doors of the garage.

I never really used it, outside of once. But now was the perfect time. I walked in the garage, and pulled back the tarp of an old friend......

'76 Cherry Red Panhead! I bought it at the age of 16. I couldn't even drive it yet, but all that lazy, slick crap, has come to pass.

Never thought a girl knew her motors, did ye?

Well your dead wrong.

I wheeled it out from the garage, and stared in amazement. The Bloody cherry finish, sparkling in the moonlight, could it get any better? Hardly!

I ran swiftly inside to get my mild red, leather jacket. I swooped it on comfortably, and there i was. Back at the bike again. After all these years, it never occurred to me, to name my (as of now) second, most prized possession. But here it is,

"Angle"

I shout loudly to the sky.

And now! Peelling down the freeway, at 145 mph, I passed a cop by. He cut his siren and lights on, but! As he thought, just as well as I, there was noway he was catching me. I pulled into his lane, and with both of my hands, I gave him a signal of my gratitude. Both fancy stick figure jet up, for all together 10 seconds, then politely, ease their way down.

Now its

Me

Angle

Open road!

What will become of my father's murderer, when I find him that is. I don't know, but whatever happens, I have to pay my dues someway.....

We will see what happens in

3.

2...

1.....

"Carry me, on Hollow Wings."

Before I left the police station, I got up from that terrible smelling bed and waltz over to the computer, to see the beeping that disturbed my sleep.

It was a file window, some sort of report! It read

"Information update on:

Mason Billepps

Age: 32

Height: 5"10

Place of Birth: Stratford, Connecticut

Accused for The Account of: Murder of a corner store clerk, the breaking and entering of a weapon supply store. Charged with arson of the 3 degree, along with the killing of 4 people in the process. Also Robbery, thief, forgery, assault on a police officer, identity fraud, and countless more.

Latest accusations: the murder of an innocent nurse, known as Johnathan Major.

State of Custody: Released."

There was more information, be i couldn't bring myself to read more.... I thought my eyes were playing a game with me, but they weren't. There in bold wording "Johnathan Major"

My father...... Pronounced dead. This is the update from 5 months ago, its been reviewed recently, though. So apparently, the county police, are under the suspicions of this character being my father's murderer, which would, as of last night, put him under my suspicions.

Well, when you do something wrong, what do you do? You run for home.... So guess where I'm headed. For home!

Stratford, Connecticut!