Chapter 20: Death Strike

*Two hours*

I hear a slight rattle at the front entrance of the elevator, I grab my things and spring to my feet.

"Ah, Phillip! I thought you almost forgot about me, it's been thirty minutes since we were on the phone, it doesn't take that long to get to the elevator"

"I'm sorry! It's kinda hard to get here in the dark"

"Well, I don't care, you're here now, that's all that matters"

"That's right, darling! Now hold tight, I'm trying to pry the door loose"

He called me darling? He must be feeling good tonight.

"So, I'm your darling now, huh?"

"Yeah, babes! Why not.. I'm not gonna lie, I love you and I think you know it"

"Oh, Phillip... I, I don't know what to say. I, uh... Thank you. If we're making confessions, then I must say........ I love you too, Phillip"

"Then it's said, as soon as I get you out, we'll get married"

"Um, okay..... But we don't have a ring"

"We'll get one"

I'm so, umm. Overwhelmed, I wasn't expecting this, I...... I just don't understand.

"I've almost got you, darling! Almost"

*Ppshhhhh!!!*

"Aaaaahhhhhhh!!! Oh God, it's just you Phillip.. .. Thank God" I say with a huge smile "Was it true? What you said out there?"

He came in from behind, through a vent.

"What are you talking about?"

"Are we really getting married? Do you really love me? That's what you said, right?"

"Lizz?"

"Yes, Phillip?"

"That wasn't me.........."

Instant heartbreak, I'm usually a tough girl when it comes to love, but this just hit me low. It all came so fast, and as much of an idiot as I am, I couldn't tell that it all was going so, ever slow. I'm actually crying right now, in and outside of this story. Phillip grabs my hand and looks me dead in the face and says "Run!" So I (non hesitantly) follow. We run down the dark, rank corridor, in search of a hiding place, there was obviously someone else on the other side of the door. But who?
I look at Phillip, and I think to myself; 'If only those words spoken back there, were true' I don't know, and unless I could get inside Phillip's head.......... I'd never know. Plain and simple.

"Wait! We have to go back up, Phillip! I need some things from my room"

"We don't have time lizz"

"If you want to live, then yes we do"

I make Phillip change his mind, so we head back to my room. Upon arrival, we noticed the room door had been opened.

"Did you lock the door before coming down to get me?"

"Yes, I did. I remember, because as I was trying to go back in to get my wallet, the key broke in the door and I, oh! Yeah, your key broke in the door"

"Mmmhmmm, well then........ Why is my door peep cracked?"

"I haven't a clue, I know I locked it"

We walked in, cautiously. The sofa cushions we on the floor, the closet door bust in two, the kitchen ware all btoken. My briefcase was stolen, but I kept all my real information and toys in my Doctor Who throw bag, nobody ever would suspect that.

"Phillip, hand me my throw bag" I whisper.

"What the heck is that?" He gives back.

"It's that backpack beside your leg, c'mon man!"

"Well, why didn't you just say that?"

"You're French, I figured you knew"

"Yeah, well! We don't know EVERYTHING, ye know"

"Just hand me the bag!"

"Here grumpy!"

"Thank you, now this is the bag that contains my toys"

"What kind of........... Toys?"

I reach in and pull out two shiny, Chrome with Golden trim desert eagles. A 44 Mill, and a MKLL 7.5.

"These toys........... Phillip."