FOREWORD & TWs

My dearest reader!

Firstly, thank you for picking up the second book in the Price Saga series!

I count on you to have read the first instalment - In Magician's Embrace - which sets the base for the overall story that will span over four books in total. This book could, of course, be read as a stand-alone story, yet some parts of the story, characters' growth and innuendos between them might fall flat on you, not to mention that 

this book heavily spoils the story and its outcome from book one.

Hence if you haven't read it, please return to my profile immediately and locate the BOOK 1 in the series. I swear it's worth your time!

Also, because sometimes it might be hard to recall all the characters in the saga, below is the spoiler-free (in regards to book two) family tree including the important secondary characters that we meet throughout the story. Feel free to refer to it anytime you might forget the names, relationships, titles, etc. It would also work probably better on a PC than on a mobile app. Below the picture, you find also a short description of the main families with their actual situation post-book 1 (CONTAINS SPOILERS!).

 Below the picture, you find also a short description of the main families with their actual situation post-book 1 (CONTAINS SPOILERS!)

The story (here and in the subsequent books) will uncover further destinies of three families:

Price Family
Our main family! The head of the family is the Duke of Hertfordshire, John Price. The Duke remarried once due to the demise of his first wife of humble background with whom he fathered two children. The family resides in London and their magnificent estate is called Mayfair House, located in Mayfair. Then they often visit the summer residence in Hertford. Their source of income comes mainly from leasing their vast lands. After the events in the first book, Eliza Price became Daniel Gray's wife and is set to be a future Duchess of Northumberland. Together they raise children Rowena and Julien in Newcastle. The heir to the title, Arden Price, fell in love with the young cook Lynette Morris of enigmatic background, who got herself ensnared in the grand scheme that almost cost her life, resulting in a deep rift in their relationship. Aileen Price, the fiery one of the twins fancies Lord Kendall who seems to be hesitant to court her officially, while Isabella Price decides not to marry nor have children due to her own reasons.

Gray Family
The Grays reside in Newcastle, though Conrad was born and raised Londoner and got minted the title later in life. As there was too much historical commotion with the surname Grey, his ancestors made a small change to distinguish themselves. He, as the head of the family, is the Duke of Northumberland. Their London estate is located in Fulham, called Thornton Hall. They conduct business with wood and make clever investment decisions. The heir to the tile Duke of Northumberland, Daniel Gray, is now married to Eliza Price, while his younger brother, Felix Gray, became an Earl of Sullivan in the aftermath of finding the chest and subsequent split of properties. The split of the properties led to the solution of an injustice that spanned decades and generations, ultimately healing the relationship between Grays and Prices. The current Duke, Conrad Gray, disappeared without a trace after he assaulted and almost killed his wife Rose Gray.