Chapter 25: Atlantia

I just stared at her because she has been covering my life since I joined the wizarding community. She shared things I didn't want that many people to know. I stayed quiet until Bagman who was talking with Rita noticed us.
"Ah, here they are! Champion number four and five! In you come, Harry and Atlantia in you come...nothing to worry about, it's just the wand weighing ceremony, the rest of the judges will be here in a moment—"
"Wand weighing?" Harry repeated nervously.
"We have to check that your wands are fully functional, no problems, you know, as they're your most important tools in the tasks ahead," Bagman wxplained. "The expert's upstairs now with Dumbledore. And then there's going to be a little photo shoot. This is Rita Skeeter," he added, gesturing toward her. "She's doing a small piece on the tournament for the Daily Prophet..."
"Maybe not that small, Ludo," Rita said eyeing me.
"I wonder if I could have a little word with Atlantia before we start?" she said to Bagman, but still gazing fixedly on me. "The youngest champion, you know . . . to add a bit of color?"
"Certainly," He replied, "That is if Atlantia has no objections."
Before I could reply, Rita says,"Perfect." She grabs my arm and pulls me into a broom cupboard. She pulls me inside and pushes me onto a cardboard box while she sits onto a upturned bucket.
"You won't mind, Atlantia, if I use a Quick-Quotes Quill? It leaves me free to talk to you normally..."
"A what?" I ask still not knowledgable on all the wizard gadgets. Her smile just widen and she pulled out a green quill and some parchment paper.
"Testing . . . my name is Rita Skeeter, Daily Prophet reporter." She says. I look at the parchment to see the quill write, "Attractive blonde Rita Skeeter, forty-three, whose savage quill has punctured many inflated reputations..."
"Lovely," said Rita Skeeter, yet again, and she ripped the top piece of parchment off, crumpled it up, and stuffed it into her handbag. She leaned toward me," Now Atlantia, it has been proven that you did not put your name in the goblet, are you upset about this predicament or you pretty happy?"
"I am actually upset about it because I even told Krum and his buddies when they asked if I was older if I would have tried to become Hogwarts the champion and I told them no. I have dealt with enough death or pain activities in my life so I didn't really want to compete in a tournament that could end my life." I say honestly figuring if I was honest that perhaps I could leave sooner. I glance at the parchment paper to find that it has already written information.
Hidden behind her beautiful face with  luxurious curls, was a haunted girl from her past who eyes...
"Ignore the quill, Atlantia," Rita says firmly. I look up to her reluctantly, "Do you think your demigod family as you say would be happy that you are competing?"
"Leave my family out of this." I shout not wanting to stir up those memories.
Tears welled up in her gorgeous brown eyes as we moved to the topic of her passed family.
I ignores that part since it was probably true since I was fighting back the memories and tears.
"You are obvious very powerful so what powers do you have that you think will help you in the Tournament?" Rita asked. Before I could tell her that I will not be telling her about my powers, the door opens. I look up to see Dumbledore looking down at us. I notice Rita had vanished her quill and parchment while she was quickly closing her the clasp on her bag.
"Dumbledore!" cried Rita Skeeter, with every appearance of delight but her eyes definitely  told a difference story. "How are you?" She stands holding her hand out to him. "I hope you saw my piece over the summer about the International Confederation of Wizards' Conference?"
"Enchantingly nasty," said Dumbledore, his eyes twinkling. "I particularly enjoyed your description of me as an obsolete dingbat."
Rita didn't even looked embarrassed at that, "I was just making the point that some of your ideas are a little old-fashioned, Dumbledore, and that many wizards in the street..."
"I will be delighted to hear the reasoning behind the rudeness, Rita," Dumbledore interrupts, with a courteous bow and a smile, "but I'm afraid we will have to discuss the matter later. The Weighing of the Wands is about to start, and it cannot take place if one of our champions is hidden in a broom cupboard." I seriously wanted to get away from her so I ran out of the closet back into the room. I found the other 4 champions sitting in chairs near a door so I quickly sat next to the Harry in the last available seat. Dumbledore sat at the velvet covered table next to the other 4 judges. I notice Rita took out the parchment and the Quick-Quote Quill again.
"May I introduce Mr. Ollivander?" Dumbledore said gesturing to him, "He will be checking your wands to ensure that they are in good condition before the tournament."
"Mademoiselle Delacour, could we have you first, please?" Mr. Ollivander stated gesturing to her to step forward. She swept forward and handed him her wand.
"Hmmm . . ." he said as he examined the wand. "Yes," he said quietly, "nine and a half inches...inflexible...rosewood...and containing...dear me..."
"An 'air from ze 'ead of a veela," Fleur states. "One of my grandmuzzer's."
"Yes," Mr. Ollivander said, "yes, I've never used veela hair myself, of course. I find it makes for rather temperamental wands...however, to each his own, and if this suits you..." He then runs his hand over the wand checking for bumps and cracks before muttering, "Orchideous!" Flowers appeared on the tips of the wand.
"Very well, very well, it's in fine working order," said Mr. Ollivander, scooping up the flowers and handing them to Fleur with her wand. "Mr. Diggory, you next." Fleur smiles at Cedric as she sits back down.
"Ah, now, this is one of mine, isn't it?" said Mr. Ollivander, with much more enthusiasm, as Cedric handed over his wand. "Yes, I remember it well. Containing a single hair from the tail of a particularly fine male unicorn...must have been seventeen hands; nearly gored me with his horn after I plucked his tail. Twelve and a quarter inches...ash...pleasantly springy. It's in fine condition...You treat it regularly?"
"Polished it last night," Cedric says grinning. Mr. Ollivander sent a stream of silver smoke rings across the room from the tip of Cedric's wand, pronounced himself satisfied, and then said, "Mr. Krum, if you please." Krum slouched as he got up and thrusted his wand at Mr. Ollivander.
"Hmm," said Mr. Ollivander, "this is a Gregorovitch creation, unless I'm much mistaken? A fine wandmaker, though the styling is never quite what I...however..."
"Yes . . . hornbeam and dragon heartstring?" he shot at Krum, who nodded. "Rather thicker than one usually sees . . . quite rigid . . . ten and a quarter inches . . . Avis!" The wand lets out a bang almost like a gun and number of small little birds flew out the window.
"Good," said Mr. Ollivander, handing Krum back his wand."Mr. Potter you next." Harry got to his feet and walked past Krum to Mr. Ollivander. He handed over his wand.
"Aaaah, yes," said Mr. Ollivander, his pale eyes suddenly gleaming. "Yes, yes, yes. How well I remember. If I remember correctly it is made up of holly, eleven inches long, and contained a single feather from the tail of a phoenix." Harry nods. He spends more time examining his wand then he did with the other 3. Eventually he does give it a wave and makes wine come sprouting out of the wand before handing it back to Harry.
"Finally, Atlantia could you bring me your wand." Mr. Ollivander said smiling at me. I get up and hand him my wand.
"14 in elder wand with the essence of a god am I correct." He asks me. I could see the other judges and contestants look at me in awe. I nod. "I never thought this wand would be sold but here it is." He examined it for a few moments before giving it a wave. There was a powerful breeze as the place was remade in gold. He handed me back my wand and I sat back down with everyone staring at me with a new found concern.
"Thank you all," said Dumbledore, standing up at the judges' table. "You may go back to your lessons now—or perhaps it would be quicker just to go down to dinner, as they are about to end—" I was about to get ready to leave a man with a black camera who I didn't notice cleared his throat.
"Photos, Dumbledore, photos!" cried Bagman excitedly. "All the judges and champions, what do you think, Rita?"
"Er—yes, let's do those first," said Rita Skeeter, whose eyes were upon me. "And then perhaps some individual shots." It took a while because of Madame Maxine towering over everyone but they eventually just had her sit down while everyone stood around her. Rita kept pulling me to the front saying I was the shortest so I should be in the front. Then she insisted on individual shots before we were dismissed. I went down to dinner and found everyone was almost already gone so I ate dinner alone but when I got back to the common room, everyone wanted to know what I did and they wouldn't let me go to bed without me telling them so I relented and told them of what I have had to do so far. They seemed disappointed that I haven't actually done anything really but they left me alone after that so I finally was able to head up to my room to work on the homework in my courses.