Chapter 29: Atlantia

The weeks coming up to Christmas were hell. I had so many boys that I didn't know come ask me if they could go with then to the dance. I didn't like them or know them so I always said no. Some classes were easier since a lot of students were not focusing. In charms class, Professor Flitwick gave up and just allowed us to play games and for the guys to work up the nerve to ask a girl to the Yule Ball. The only teacher who wouldn't give up on teaching was Professor Binns but he soon stopped that when he realized I was glaring at him and he didn't want to be taken to my father so he allowed for us to mess around in his class.
Eventually the person I was curious if they were going to ask me finally asked me if I would go with him to the Yule Ball. I was eating breakfast on a Saturday two weeks before Christmas and it was pretty earlier so not many Slytherins or Durmstrang were sitting at the table. I was reading a book when I heard drums playing. I look up and I see some Durmstrang boys playing some drums at the entrance to the Great Hall. I watch as a bunch of Durmstrang boys do a lot of tricks before a fire dragon flies in and stops right next to me. It disappears and a humongous teddy bear appears with a sign in front of it saying, "Will you be my date to the Yule Ball." I smile at the sight.I look toward the Great Hall door to see Krum entering with flowers and a smile on his face.  He stops in front of me.
"I want to say I am sorry for the way I have been treating you since the chosing of the champion but I would be honored if you would be my date to the Yule Ball." Victor says smiling at me.
"Of course I will." I say smiling getting up to hug him. I wish I had taken the time to actually see if it was a good idea to go with him. If I had, I would have saved myself some pain from that night.
Time Skip to Christmas Eve
I had spent the time between Krum asking me to the dance and the Yule Ball working on my dress. I decided to make it similar to my traditional siren dress. It was an ombre ocean blue starting dark at the top and lighter at the bottom. It had no sleeves and the skirt went all the way to the ground(See above the picture). I decided to style my hair in an half up and half down updo. I twisted the upper section of my hair to form a crown on the back of my head and then added soft waves to the rest of my head. I added a coral necklace to adorn my neck and my crown from being the queen of the ocean to my head. I used my Aphrodite powers to add my makeup. As I was finishing my makeup, I heard a knock on my door. I opened the door with my powers to see the other Slytherin girls who share my room standing outside
"Ummmm." Pansy began. "Could you help us with our hair and makeup? We are not that good and based on your makeup and hair, you are."
"Of course." I say. "What are your dress colors?" I said gesturing for one them to sit in the chair I was just sitting in.
"Mine is a purple while Millicent is a dark green." Pansy answered sitting in the chair. I used my powers to find the image in their minds of the dresses to create the perfect look for them. I used my powers to do their hair and makeup.
Eventually, they are ready and after thank me they slip into their dresses and scurry off to meet their dates. I shake my head as I watch them eagerly leave the room. I wave my hand and the room cleans up and all makeup particles leave my dress and the table I was working on. I look at the clock near my bed and I realize I should head to the dance since Krum said he would meet me there. I slip on my silver heels before walking out of the Slytherin dormitory. I make my way toward the staircase that would lead me to the Great Hall. I turn the corner and make my way down the stairs. I look toward the entrance to the Hall and I could see the other champions with their dates except for Krum who was offering his hand to me as I got to the bottom of the stairs. Cedric's date was Cho Chang who was a Ravenclaw girl, Fleur was with Roger Davis also from Ravenclaw, and Harry was with Parvati Patil who I believed was a Gryffindor in Harry's year. Krum took my hand and placed it onto his arm and led me toward the Headmasters who were waiting for me.
"We were getting worried Ms. Brooks that you wouldn't show up but judging by how you look tonight, you just spent extra time on your beauty." Dumbledore said gesturing to my dress, makeup, and hair.
I nod my head, "Thank you."
Krum leans his head and whispers into my ear, "You do look exceptional." I blush at that and turn my attention back to Dumbledore.
"You will walk out with your dates and since two champions decided to go together, we will have them lead our group out so Atlantia and Victor would you mind stepping up here. Fleur and Roger step behind them. Then Cedric and Cho and finally Harry and Patil." Dumbledore said directing everyone. "Now when the doors open you will lead the group inside to the center if the Hall where you will begin the dance that we taught you last week." He says looking at me and Krum. We nod before the headmasters leave to join the party. I took the time to examine what the other champions had worn. I saw Harry was wearing the slick black dress robes I got him and the rest of the Weasleys before the Quidditch Cup and his date Parvati was wearing a pink and orange sari-style dress robe. Cedric was also wearing a black dress robe but his style was a blend of traditional and modern while his date Cho wore a pale green Chinese style dress robes. Fleur wore a sliver-grey sating dress robes that showed off her delicate features while her date wore an old fashioned black dress robe that seemed to suit him perfectly. Then there was Krum with his dress robes. It was a bright red with a leather belt. He had a matching fur coat attached to a leather strap that allowed the coat to hang off his left shoulder. The leather belt had the Durmstrang crest on the belt buckle. Viktor also wore brown breeches and black boots. Overall he looked quite handsome.
Eventually the Great Hall doors open and we hear Dumbledore announcing us. Krum offered his hand to me with a smile and I returned it with a smile of my own as I gently placed my arm on his. I allowed him to lead me into the Great Hall. I was stunned by the beauty of the Great Hall as I walked through the hall toward the fountain in the middle. I was so stunned that I didn't even recognize the applause or the stares coming from the other students as we walked by them with crowds of students on either side of us. The Great Hall was covered in sparkling silver frost with hundreds of garlands of mistletoe ivy decorated the starry sky above our heads. Instead of the usual house tables, there were at least a hundred smaller candle lit round tables that could fit about a dozen people. There were a cleared area in the center of the array of tables which I figured was the assigned dancing area. Krum lead me to the center of the space while the other couples surrounded us. The music began and we began to dance. The piece was about a minute long and as Krum turned me, I could see every girl in the crowd looking at me in envy. I couldn't tell if it was because of my looks, my dress, or the fact I was with Krum. Eventually, our dance ended and after we took a bow to the students, every began to dance again. Krum offered his hand again and dragged me off the dance floor toward the door that lead to the outside garden. This should have been a red flag for me since this area was secluded.
"Why did you take me out here?" I ask him wrapping my hands around myself, "It's freezing." Instead of responding, he stops in his track and slams me against the wall and kisses me on the lips hard. I would have enjoyed having the kiss if he didn't begin to grope me and reach his hand under my dress. I tried to push him off but of course he was much bigger then me so it didn't do much.
"I'm done waiting for you," He growls into my ear, "I can't keep this charade up. I've been wanting to feel you on my body since the day I met you. Don't fight it I know you want it to." This spurs me on to summon some wind and push him off me. He is pushed off me and lands in the pile of snow that was adjacent to where we stood. I stared at him with tears streaming down my face before running back inside of Hogwarts leaving him calling after me.
An: Hey guys, I'm back. I'm sorry it took so long for me to be able to update again. I planned to update this past weekend since my dad had been checked out of the hospital that Sunday but he suffered another stroke on the following Thursday. It was worse then the first one so I have been at the hospital alot this past weekend and just last night he was transferred to the in-patient rehab center so he can have therapy for his speaking, walking and just to recover from the strokes. I will probably either update everyday or every other day. I have a busier schedule with my father not in the house. I will try to update again as soon as possible. Thank you to all my readers who stayed with me even after this long inactive period.