Chapter 40: Atlantia

When we entered, I found the courtroom very intimidating if you haven't been in Hade's or any of the gods' dungeons. The walls were made of dark stones that were dimly lit by torches that were hanging on the walls. There were benches on either side of us that were empty but I could see ahead of us there were shadows of people on the highest benches who were talking before we entered but when the door slammed close, they fell into an eerie silence.
"You're late." A cold male voice rang out in the courtroom.
"Sorry," Harry said not even trying to hide the nervousness in his voice, "I didn't know the time had changed."
"This is not the Wizengamot's fault," The voice answered, "An owl was sent to you this morning. Take your seat. Who are you? Harry Potter was supposed to come alone."
"Harry go sit." I whisper to him as I walk past the chair that had chains on its arms. The chains reacted when Harry sat and I could tell he was nervous with them there so I used Hephaestus power to wrip them off the chair and placed them in a pile away from Harry.
"Don't tell me you don't recognize me, Fudge." I say when I get closer.
"Atlantia, why are you here?" He asks a hint of worry present in his voice.
"I was told that witnesses can be present so I've volunteered to be here." I say smiling.
"Very well, Percy would you grab a chair?" Fudge called toward a figure sitting on the end of the front row with a piece of parchment paper in front of him. He was about to get up when I use the power I used early to create an ice chair. Percy immediately say down when he saw I didn't need a chair.
"Um...Alright let's get started now that the accused is finally present. Are you ready?" Fudge said.
"Yes, Sir." Percy called eagerly.
"Disciplinary hearing of the twelfth of August," Fudge began with Percy immediately began to take notes, "into offenses committed under the Decree for the Reasonable Restriction of Underage Sorcery and the International Statute of Secrecy by Harry James Potter resident at number four,Privet Drive, Little Whinging Surry. Interrogators: Cornelius Oswald Fudge, Minister of Magic; Amelia Susan Bones, Head of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement; Dolores Jane Umbridge, Senior Undersecretary to the Minister. Court Scribe, Percy Ignatius Weasley..."
"Witnesses for the defense, Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore and Atlantia Brooks." I turned after hearing that quiet but powerful voice call out from the shadows. I smiled when I saw Dumbledore making his way toward us in a midnight blue robe.
"Ah," Fudge said looking disconcerted, "Dumbledore. Yes. You...er...got our...message that the time and...er...place of the hearing has been changed then?"
"I must have missed it." Dumbledore said cheerfully, "However, due to a lucky mistake I arrived at the Ministry three hours early, so no harm done"
"Yes...well...I suppose we'll need another chair...I...Weasley, could you..."
"Not to worry. Not to worry." Dumbledore said pleasantly. Using his wand he summoned a small cushioned chair and placed it on the other side of Harry and immediately sat in it. He looked back up at the rest of the Wizengamot with a polite interest written on his expression.
"Yes," Fudge said shuffling his notes, "Well, then. So. The charges. Yes." He pulls out a parchment from the pile he was shuffling through and reads, "The charges against the accused are as follows: That he did knowingly, deliberately, and in full awareness of the illegality of his actions, having received a previous written warning from the Ministry of Magic on a similar charge, produce a Patronus Charm in a Muggle-inhabited area in the presence of a Muggle, on August the second at twenty-three minutes past nine, which constitutes an offense under paragraph C of the Decree for the Reasonable Restriction of Underage Sorcery, 1875, and also under section thirteen of the International Confederation of Wizards' Statue of Secrecy. You are Harry James Potter of number four, Privet Drive, Little Whinging Surrey," Fudge stated glaring at Harry from over his parchment paper.
"Yes," Is all Harry answers.
"You received an official warning from the Ministry for using illegal magic three years ago, did you not?" Fudge continued.
"Yes, but..."
"And yet you conjured a Patronus on the night of the second of August." Fudge stated.
"Yes,but..." Harry said trying to explain
"Knowing that you are not permitted to use magic outside school while you are under the age of seventeen?" Fudge says cutting Harry off once again.
"Yes, but..." Harry began again.
"Knowing that you were in an area full of Muggles?"
"Yes but..."
"Fully aware that you were in close proximity to a muggle at the time?"
"Yes,"Harry angrily states. "but I only used it because we were..."
"You produced a fully fledged Patronus." The woman on Fudge's left boomed over Harry's statement.
"Yes," Harry answered.
"A corporal Patronus?" She asked.
"A what?" Harry questioned. I was lost as well since I didn't understand these names the wizards and witches gave to the simple spells that Hecate can create.
"Your Patronus has a clearly defined form? I mean to say it was more than vapor or smoke?"
"Yes," Harry said sounding a little impatient, "It's a stag. It's always a stag."
"Always?" Madam Bones boomed, "You've produced a Patronus before?"
"Yes," Harry said clearly irritated, "I've been doing it for over a year..."
"And you are fifteen years old?"
"Yes, and..."
"You learn this at school?"
"Yes, Professor Lupin taught me in my third year, because of the..."
"Impressive," Madam Bones said, "A true patronus at the age...very impressive." A lot of the other wizards and witches present murmured their agreement.
"It is not a question of how impressive the magic was," Fudge said testily, "In fact, the more impressive the worse it is, I would have thought, given that the boy did it in plain view of a Muggle!" The wizards and witches who were present began to nod their head in agreement to that statement.
"I did it because of the DEMENTORS." Harry finally shouted. I smiled since I knew that would shut up old Fudge.
"Dementors?" Madam Bones said raising an eyebrow. "What do you mean boy?"
"I mean there were two dementors down that alleyway and they went for me and my cousin." Harry exclaimed still irritated from the previous events.
"Ah," Fudge said smirking which confused me, "Yes, Yes. I thought we'd be hearing something like this."
"Dementors in Little Whinging?" Madam Bones said in a tone of great surprise, "I don't understand..."
"Don't you Amelia." Fudge smirked, "Let me explain. He's been thinking it through and decided that dementors would make a very nice little cover story, very nice indeed. Muggles can't see dementors, can they, boy? Highly convenient...so it's just your word and no witnesses..."
"Enough." I say loudly standing up and sending a wave power away from me in all directions. "During this whole hearing, Cornelius, all I have heard is you trying to make something big out of something so little. Especially since Harry used magic for defense."
"So he says." Fudge says almost sneering at me. I glare him before walking forward. It is so quiet that you could hear the black heels I was wearing clink against the hard floor.
"You don't want to make me your enemy Cornelius." I say coming closer. I could see beneath his angry features was someone who was scared of me. "But you want proof, so let's enter the past." I closed my eyes and allowed for everyone to fall into the past. When I opened my eyes we were standing in an alleyway. All the wizards and witches who were oresent, Cornelius, Harry, and Dumbledore stood around looking around. I could see a big fat boy standing near past-Harry which makes me assume that boy was his cousin Dudley. I could hear Dudley being frightened at the dropping temperature.
"Where are we?" Cornelius asked.
"The past." Is all I give him. I watch as Dudley punches past-Harry thinking he was the one causing the severe drop in temperature. Past-Harry calls out that Dudley was running right toward it and scrambles to find his wand. We watchas a dementor goes to try to kiss Dudley or in other words remove his soul but then we hear those words from Past-Harry: Expecto Petronium. We watch as the precious stag runs and gets rid of the two dementors that were here. Finally, once the danger was gone we see Past-Harry run to his cousin. I close my eyes and pull us back into the present. The wizards look around visibly shaken from the experience. I give a curt nod to Fudge before turning on my heel and returning to my seat waiting for someone to continue the hearing.