Chapter 58: Atlantia

I was eating breakfast few days following the incident with Professor Umbridge when Pansy gave a little squeal.
"Oh my gosh," Pansy said reading the Daily Prophet. "10 Azkaban prisoners escaped last night. They were all Death Eaters. The paper is saying that the Ministry believes Sirius Black is recruiting his old buddies."
"They are still not saying anything that You-Know-Who is back?" I ask taking a sip of my coffee.
"Nope, not a single word written saying that they believe You-Know-Who was back. I mean how could they? They literally spent the whole last 8 months calling you, Cedric, Harry, and Dumbledore a liar." Draco pointed out. I had to agree with that. If they admitted that the four of us were right, there would be no way they could be trusted as they go into this upcoming hard time. The rest of January went by without any incidents surprisingly as well as the beginning of February. Another weekend at Hogsmeade rolled around on Valentine's day. We had originally planned to go as a group but Draco, Crabbe, and Goyle all couldn't go due to a last minute Quidditch practice and Pansy got asked by Jonah, the sixth year her parents went her to date, to spend the day with him so she was doing that. That left Blaise, Millicent, and I walking around Hogsmeade. We still had tons of fun and laughed when we saw Pansy and Jonah walking to the candy shop holding hands. Other then the overall fun visit to Hogsmeade, February also flew by fast with how much homework the professors are piling on. However, March was different. During breakfast on the first of March I was surprised to see a bunch of owls flying in and landing right in front of Harry. I was a little confused as who was sending those letters but when Crabbe got his monthly edition of the Quibbler, my questions were answered.
"Potter spoke in an interview to some Quibbler reporter revealing that my, Draco's, Goyle's, Pansy's, Millicent's, and Blaise's parents are Death Eaters." Crabbe blurted holding out the newspaper, "He recounted the event from his perspective and said he remembered seeing our parents there as Death Eaters." At that moment more owls flew in and some dropped letters in front of me and others dropped some at Cedric's seat. Cedric and I made eye contact before tearing into our mail. I found the letters to be wizards and witches writing in response to Harry's interview.
"What's going on here?" Professor Umbridge said quietly from behind causing me to jump. I turn around and just stare at her, "Well?" She prompts.
"I am receiving letters from an interview Harry did for the Quibbler." I respond holding out one of the letters since I figure it wouldn't hurt anyone to show her the letters.
"Interview?" Professor Umbridge said looking up from the letter.
"Yeah," Crabbe said holding out the issue. She snatches it up and her face instantly frowns before taking the copy of the Quibbler and stalking over to Harry. Because of my enhanced hearing, I could heat every word the she said.
"When did you do this,Mr. Potter?" Professor Umbridge said her voice trembling with anger as she holds out the Quibbler.
"Last Hogsmeade weekend." Harry replied.
She was so angry that the magazine with being squeezed by her trembling hands.
"There will be no more Hogsmeade trips for you, Mr. Potter," Her voice turning to an angry whisper, "How you dare...how you could..."She shakes her head, "I have tried again and again to teach you not to tell lies. The message apparently has still not sunk in. Fifty points from Gryffindor and another week's worth of detention." She stalks away with everyone watching her, her hands still clutching the ruined magazine.
Later that morning, there was signs found throughout the school stating the Quibbler was banned from the school but that just made everyone read the issue. Professor Umbridge should realize by now that anything she tells us we cannot do, we will do the opposite. The only problem was that Harry had named my friends' parents as Death Eaters. I am unsure if it's true but I trust Harry because he was able to see who the Death Eaters were while I couldn't since they all wore masks by the time I arrived. People were being wary of my friend group and some have even tried to tell me to leave the group.
"You don't know if they are only trying to be your friend because you are You-Know-Who's granddaughter." Zachery said during a D.A meeting, "They may be trying to recruit you."
"Unlike some people," I respond, "I don't judge people on their parents since I know my parents aren't that great sometimes." Conversations like this happened so much before eventually people just gave up trying to convince me. It was quiet for some days before one night when I was walking back from a meeting with the merpeople, apparently they can't find any information for my questions so that was a bust, I heard a woman screaming in the Entrance Hall. I walked in and saw a bunch of students in the hall watching fearfully and curiously. I saw Professor Trelawney looking like a mess with a wand in one hand and an empty alcohol bottle in her other. Her hair was sticking all over the place and her glasses were lopsided. Two large trunks laid next to her with one upside down like it had been tossed down the stairs after her.
"No!" She shrieked at the figure at the bottom of the stairs, "No...this cannot be happening...It cannot...I refuse to accept it!"
"You didn't realize this was coming?" A high-pitch girly voice that I instantly recognized as Professor Umbridge replied amused, "Incapable though you are of predicating even tomorrow's weather, you must surely have realized that your pitiful performance during my inspection, and lack of improvement would make it inevitable you would be sacked?"
"You c-can't!" Professor Trelawney wailed, "you c-can't sack me! I've b-been here sixteen years! H-Hogwarts is m-my home."
"It was your home," Professor Umbridge said without an ounce of sympathy, "until an hour ago, when the Ministry of Magic countersigned the order for your dismissal. Now kindly remove yourself from this hall. You are embarrassing us." I watched as Professor McGonagall walks up to Professor Trelawney with Professor Umbridge gleefully looking on.
"There, there,Sybill... Calm down...blow your nose on this...It's not as bad as you think,now...You are not going to leave Hogwarts..." Professor Mcgongall murmured loud enough for us to hear.
"Oh really, Professor McGonagall," Professor Umbridge said in a deadly voice. "And your authority for that statement is?"
"That would be mine." a new voice answered. I turn and see Professor Dumbledore entering the hall.
"Yours Professor Dumbledore?" Professor Umbridge said unimpressed. "I'm afraid you do not understand the position. I have here..." She pulls out a parchment scroll, "an order of Dismissal signed by myself and the Ministry of Magic. Under the terms of Educational Decree Number Twenty-three, the High Inquisitor of Hogwarts has the power to inspect, place upon probation, and sack any teacher she—that is to say I—feel is not performing up to the standard required by the Ministry of Magic. I have decided that Professor Trelawney is not up to scratch. I have dismissed her."
"You are quite right, of course Professor Umbridge,"Dumbledore said smiling, "As High Inquisitor you have every right to dismiss my teachers. You do not, however, have the authority to send them away from the castle. I am afraid that the power to do that still resides with the Headmaster and it is my wish that Professor Trelawney continues to live at Hogwarts."
"No, No, I'll g-go Dumbledore. I sh-shall l-leave Hogwarts and seek m-my fortune elsewhere..." Professor Trelawney stuttered out.
"No." Dumbledore said sharply, "It is my wish that you remain Sybill." He turns to Professor McGonagall, "Might I ask you to escort Sybill back upstairs, Professor McGonagall?"
"Of course." Professor McGonagall said, "Up you get Sybill..." I watch as Professor Sprout comes running through the crowd to take Professor Trelawney's other arm and together they guided her past Professor Umbridge. Professor Flitwick followed after them after saying, "Locomotor Trunks" while pointing his wand at the trunks. The whole assembly left with the professor's trunks and Professor Flitwick bringing up the rear.
"And what." Professor Umbridge said in a whisper that eerily traveled throughout the hall, "are you going to do with her once I appoint a new Divination Teacher who needs her lodgings?"
"Oh that won't be a problem." Dumbledore said pleasantly, "You see, I have already found us a new Divination teacher and he would prefer lodging on the ground floor..."
"You've found..." Umbridge almost shouted in a shrilly voice, "You've found!? Might I remind you, Dumbledore, that under Educational Decree Twenty-Two..."
"The Ministry has the right to appoint a suitable candidate if—and only if— the headmaster is unable to find one," Dumbledore finished, "And I am happy to say that on this occasion I have succeeded. May I introduce you?" He turned and gestured to the open doors and I watch as a centaur enter into the view of all the spectators in the hall. It shocked me to see a centaur since I wasn't aware of the fact that they were living in the Forbidden Forest.
"This is Firenze." Dumbledore said happily to a very angry Professor Umbridge, "I think you'll find him suitable."
An: I am so sorry for not updating these last few days. I have had some really late nights and been so busy. I will try again to update again tomorrow. Thank you so much for all the votes and reads!